El Yunque Rainforest Off the Beaten Path
Enjoy a pleasant hiking excursion in the only tropical rain forest in the United States. For those with adventurous spirits, we will travel through a small trail full of flora and fauna; hear the singing of the birds, frogs, and farm animals, where this hidden paradise is located. You will be surrounded by bamboos, beautiful giant tree fern, and flowers.
At the end of this nature trail, you will find one of many hidden treasures at the base of a waterfall. Swim on natural spring water and feel the touch of nature. There are water-rock slides, pools, and rope so you can play along, or just swim. Be part of a unique and diverting experience.
What to bring:
• Swimwear or comfortable clothes if you desire to get wet.
• Comfortable close shoes or water shoes (no sandals)
• Change of clothes
Safety and Limitations:
The participants of this adventure must have the physical condition to walk thru steep, rocky, and muddy trails. Hiking trail and other areas have uneven surfaces.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel pickup and drop off
- Driver and licensed guide
- Flotation devices, helmet, and knee pads
- Bottled water
- Park fees
What's excluded :
Thank you for taking the time to read this description.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Minimum reservation of 2 travelers to start the adventure.
After arriving to rain forest area, we will begin with a 25-30 minute hike, maybe includes a brief river trek. Once entered at the skirts of the forest mountain you will have a complete off the beaten path experience where you will have climb thru rocks and trees to reach the pristine natural pools and waterfalls. Here you can also swing from a rope or cliff jump. We will spend some time here before proceeding to the next stop, a more advanced hike to higher natural pools that leads to the exciting natural waterslides. We then have to return thru the same off the beaten path, sometimes returning by water (swimming) is an option too. During all this time your certified guide will share important information about the only tropical rain forest in the US Forest System, as well as interesting facts about Puerto Rico's culture and history while ensuring you have a safe, fun and knowledgable experience.
• El Yunque Rain Forest, El Yunque National Forest Puerto Rico
Departure Point :La Concha Renaissance San Juan Resort, 1077 Ashford Ave, San Juan, 00907, Puerto Rico
Traveler pickup is offered
Pick up time 8:00 amNOTE: Please add your place to stay. If a hotel, name of hotel and address. If an Airbnb, name of the place (if it applies) and address of the location. We pick up from either hotels or Airbnb between 8:00 am to 8:40 am only within the metropolitan area. We do not have the means to travel outside of the metropolitan area.
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Participants must be physically capable of walking thru steep, rocky, muddy and uneven surfaces without assistance.
- Please wear comfortable clothing, tennis or hiking shoes (if you have water shoes bring them along too) no sandals.
- Wear Swimwear or comfortable clothes if you desire to get wet, bring a towel and change of clothes.
- We strongly suggest to have a good breakfast before departing on this tour.
- Not recommended for participants with heart complaints, back problems, recent injuries or other serious medical conditions.
- Not recommended for elderly persons with mobility limitations.
- Tour operates based weather and river conditions. In the event of poor weather you will be offered an alternate tour, option to reschedule or refund.
- Children must be (Ages 3+) years to participate, minors under 18 years must be accompanied by an adult.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Estimate duration includes all stops and driving time.
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Minimum reservation of 2 travelers to start the adventure.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 14 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.