El Tajín Ruins and Papantla Day Trip from Veracruz
Learn about Mexico’s pre-Columbian Totanac culture at two important Totanac sites — the archaeological ruins of El Tajín and the 13th-century city of Papantla. This full-day trip takes you three hours north of Veracruz, where you’ll see El Tajín’s World Heritage-listed ruins with a guide, learning about its pyramids and plazas. Then tour Papantla and learn about its cultural traditions, from flying pole dancers to vanilla, which the Totanacs grew in this region before the Spanish invasion.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Local guide
- Transport by van
- Entry/Admission - El Tajin
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: El Tajin, Papantla Mexico
Tajin is located in northern Veracruz, 14 km from Papantla and 16 km from Poza Rica. In an area of 12 acres, there are 168 buildings that constitute its religious and political center. On this tour, we will admire 41 buildings that are the most majestic of the area: “La Piramide de los Nichos”(The Pyramid of the Niches) and “Plaza del Arroyo.” This city is the one with the largest number of pre-Hispanic ball game courts with a total of 17.
In addition, you can see the internationally known flight ceremony.
Duration: 1 hour 20 minutes
Stop At: Papantla, Veracruz Mexico
Then we will travel to Papantla, a city known for the ritual of “The flying of Papantla” and the production of the aromatic vanilla. It is also named Magical Town of Mexico for keeping its ancient traditions, and colorful costumes of its communities.
Duration: 1 hour 5 minutes
Stop At: Los Voladores of Papantla, Tajin, Veracruz Mexico
Enjoy the most emblematic ritual of Veracruz and one of the most famous worldwide "Los voladores de papantla" learn about its origin, meaning and more from your expert guide
Duration: 15 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We pick up from all Veracruz hotels if your hotel is out of the pickup area, please contact us toprovide you with the nearest meeting point.
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.