El Escorial Monastery and the Valley of the Fallen from Madrid
Marvel at the Royal Monastery of El Escorial, a World Heritage Site by UNESCO. Accompanied by a local guide, dive right into Spanish history. See the Hapsburg’s Palace, the Kings Mausoleum and the Basilica. Visit the Valley of the Fallen, an underground church topped with a 152-meter cross.
per adult from
What's included :
- Bilingual Office guide
- Local guide
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Radio-guide system
- Entrance to the Royal Monastery of El Escorial
- Entrance to the Valley of the Fallen and the Basilica
- Entry/Admission - Real Sitio de San Lorenzo de El Escorial
- Entry/Admission - Valley of the Fallen
What's excluded :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drinks
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Real Sitio de San Lorenzo de El Escorial, Av Juan de Borbon y Battemberg, 28200 San Lorenzo de El Escorial Spain
Check in at our office in central Madrid 15 minutes in advance of your tour. Leave the city aboard one of our comfortable air-conditioned coaches.
Enjoy a guided tour through the Royal Monastery of El Escorial, an architectural ensemble declared World Heritage Site by UNESCO. Built in the 15th century, it is a symbol of the power of the government at the time. Learn about the impressive Royal Mausoleum it contains and the story behind the 21 years it took to build the site. Of Renaissance style, you will marvel at the building symmetry. Listen to your guide explanations as you walk along the site visiting the Habsburg’s Palace, the Chapter House, the Basilica and the remarkable library.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Valley of the Fallen, Carretere de Guadarrama, 28209 San Lorenzo de El Escorial Spain
Board your bus again at the end of the guided tour for a short drive to the Valley of the Fallen. The site is located 9km away from El Escorial, in Sierra de Guadarrama. You will be able to see it from far away thanks to the monumental cross built above the site. The monument is an underground church built into the mountain. The same is topped by the World’s Largest Cross, which can be seen from miles away.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Calle de San Nicolás, 15, 28013 Madrid, Spain
Departure Time :8:30 AM
Return Detail :Plaza de Oriente, 28013 Madrid, Spain
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Infants aged 5 years and under are free of charge, provided they do not occupy a seat
- Operated by a bilingual guide in Spanish and English
- Please keep in mind that the excursion includes several visits on foot, comfortable shoes are recommended.
- The duration of the tour includes the round trip to the destination
- Royal Monastery of El Escorial and the Valley of the Fallen Basilic visitors are kindlyrequested to respect the instructions of the Security: Photography and filming are not permitted inside the exhibitions.
- Please, note that guiding inside the Basilica of the Valley is not allowed.
- Stroller accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- Failure to show up at the established check-in time may entail losing the tour
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 25 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.