El Camino and the Pyrenees Private Day Tour from St-Jean-Pied-de-Port To Roncesvalles
This tour is a unique way to get to know the Basque country. From the French Basque area to the area of Navarre in Spain. In addition, we will be able to contemplate the history. From the first settlers of these summits to the buildings and churches of medieval times.
This private tour consists of driving the first stage of the St. James’ Way pilgrimage route (El Camino) from the medieval village of St-Jean-Pied-de-Port, France, to Roncesvalles in Spain. You'll have the chance to admire the beautiful area of the Pyrenees mountain range, home to impressive peaks and lush woodlands. This tour will also help you understand Spain’s place in Southern European history. Hotel pickup in San Sebastian and transportation by private vehicle are included.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Bottled water
- Live commentary on board
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by private vehicle
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Alcoholic beverages (available to purchase)
- Entry/Admission - Monastero di Roncisvalle
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: La Citadelle de Saint Jean Pied de Port, Saint-Jean-Pied-de-Port France
It is the walled village located in France that today is considered the beginning of the way for pilgrims from all over the world. It is a small medieval village where since the Middle Ages pilgrims meet to cross the Pyrenees.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Selva de Irati, Valles pirenaicos de Aezkoa y Salazar Spain
In this case we will basically drive through the heart of the Pyrenees. It is a dream landscape where beautiful animals live and we will enjoy other curiosities.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Monastero di Roncisvalle, Orreaga-Roncesvalles Spain
It is the first stop for pilgrims who begin the way. Since the Middle Ages it has been the place where pilgrims crossed the Pyrenees.We will have time to eat and spend time with the pilgrims. It is possible to visit some of the medieval buildings and the tomb of King Sancho the fort of Navarre.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Where the customer requires
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Dress code is smart casual
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.