El Calafate City Tour
Enjoy a guided city tour of El Calafate and learn about the history, culture and people of Patagonia. Stroll through the streets of this historic town, study the unique architecture and take in magnificent views of the endemic flora and fauna. You'll also take part in birdwatching, visit an orchard and pass by archeological sites.
per adult from
2 hours 30 minutes
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- City tour
- Bilingual guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Your guided sightseeing tour starts with a visit of downtown El Calafate where you'll stroll the streets of the historic town. You'll see the traditional buildings from the time of the pioneers and marvel at the impressive architecture. Along the way, your guide will inform you about the history of the town, its pioneers and explain about the endemic flora and fauna.
Then, head over to the Laguna Nimez Reserve located only a few feet from the coast of Lake Argentino. Here, with the use of powerful binoculars provided by the tour guide, you can participate in birdwatching.
Your next stop is at a local orchard, famous for the cultivation of strawberries, cherries and sour cherries. Learn how these fruits are cultivated with great effort and appreciate the different production techniques transmitted from one generation to another.
Your last stop is the Mirador of Virgen de la Paz lookout point. On the way, you'll pass by Cuevas del Gualichu, an archaeological site about 4.3 miles (7km) from the city, which consists of the prints of the first men who inhabited El Calafate. Once at the viewpoint, you'll take in breathtaking panoramic views of the city and the surrounding land.
Departure Point :El Calafate, El Calafate, Province of Santa Cruz, Patagonia
Traveler pickup is offered
Downtown hotels of Calafate
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.