El Calafate Balcony in 4WD Experience with Optional Quads
Enjoy the stunning scenery of Argentinean Patagonia from a whole new perspective, that will allow you contemplate it in all its inmensity. The Calafate Balcony in 4WD tour takes you to a panoramic viewpoint in all terrain vechicles, to observe the entire area of El Calafate, the hills of Chalten and Perito Moreno Glacier from the same place. In addition, we will have the opportunity to see the flight of Condors.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- English and Spanish speaking Guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Trekker Crossing
What's excluded :
- Entrance to the Parks
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: El Calafate, El Calafate, Province of Santa Cruz, Patagonia
With two daily departures, the excursion starts from the hotels of El Calafate and completes a journey of 35 kilometers on the line of hills behind the village.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Balcones de El Calafate, Santa Cruz Province, Argentina
The trail takes us through landscapes that marvel at its varied vegetation of height. It reaches up to 1050 meters above the sea. There, the first stop is a natural viewpoint where passengers enjoy a panoramic view of El Calafate and the Argentino Lake .
In the background, the unforgettable and imposing framework of the Andes Mountains, and time to time, during the route, clients will enjoy views of the accumulation zone of the glaciers, towards Boca del Diablo (narrowest part of the lake, towards the Upsala arm) . Sometimes it is even possible to see the Fitz Roy and Torre hills in El Chaltén and, with some luck, the condor, master of the Patagonian skies, may be seen in his long plan. A unique show.
We take a snack in the our restaurant Huyliche and from there we start the descent down the northern slope of the hill to Piedra de los Sombreros (the Stone of Mexican Hats). A curious iron concretions that are only found in four places in the world.
Duration: 3 hours
Pass By: Lago Argentino, El Calafate Argentina
After this trip to other eras of world history, we return to El Calafate with the view always in the omnipresent Lake Argentino.
Departure Point :El Calafate, Santa Cruz Province, Argentina
Traveler pickup is offered
The pick up transfer is only from selected centrally located hotels. If your hotel is outside the geographic area, we will confirm the closest meeting point. Indicate the name and address of your hotel.
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Quads option: minimum age is 16 years old.
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- It is the passenger's responsibility to wear a protective mask and maintain distance. In case they don't respect the basic safety measures, they will be asked to leave the tour. The capacity of tour will be temporarily reduced to ensure social distancing.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.