El Calafate Adventure Tour: Hiking Across El Perito Moreno Glacier
An adventurer's delight! Have you ever wondered what being close up to a glacier feels like? Here's your chance to find out. Hike across El Perito Moreno, one of the world's most famous glaciers! This full-day tour is a must-do for all adventure-seekers visiting El Calafate.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Guided minitrek across El Perito Moreno Glacier
- All necessary equipment
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
What's excluded :
- Lunch (you must bring your own)
- National park entrance fee
- Departing from your El Calafate hotel, you'll head to the Bajo de las Sombras (Under the Shadows) port. After a quick 20-minute sail, you'll reach the opposite shore and the base of the Perito Moreno Glacier. Here, the guides will help you pick out a crampon, special metal spikes worn on your boots for traction. Then, your adventure begins as you hike along the Rico Arm to reach the glacier.
With your crampons fastened, head out for the real adventure as you embark on a 1.5 hour walk across the glacier. Your guide will be there to tell you about the famous Perito Moreno Glacier while trekking. At the end of the walk, enjoy lunch (bring your own) before continuing on.
Finish up your adventure as you cross the Rico Arm again, which leads you to a footbridge located in front of the glacier for one last glance at the beautiful glacier. Then, make your way back to the road that cuts between the forest of lengas and the pier. Board a bus that will take you to the glacier's viewpoint and footbridges, where you have an hour to enjoy before heading back to your hotel.
Departure Point :El Calafate, Santa Cruz Province, Argentina
Traveler pickup is offered
Tour departs from most El Calafate hotels
Departure Time :7:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Minimum age is 10
- Maximum age is 50 due to age restrictions on the operator's insurance
- Sports shoes or trekking boots and warm wool or cotton socks are highly recommended
- Comfortable sportswear, long trousers, warm sweater or pile, water or windproof jacket, sun glasses, sun block and gloves are recommended
- You must bring your own lunch
- MUST provide passport number and date of birth in the special requirements fields when booking this tour
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Please note that this excursion requires full day availability and cannot be combined with transfers to the airports at the same day
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.