Eilean Donan Castle & the Highlands Tour from Private Tours Edinburgh
Unique private tours of Eilean Donan Castle and the Highlands of Scotland
This private tour of Eilean Donan Castle and the Highlands features a drive through the beautiful scenery of Loch Lomond National park , passing Loch Lubhair and Loch Lubnaig and going through Crianlarich and Tyndrum .
Where are the top three locations for pictures of Eilean Donan Castle ? Your guide will take you to the best spots for taking pictures of the castle and the beautiful scenery of Glencoe and the Highlands .
This tour of the Highlands features a visit to Eilean Donan Castle and Glencoe . Your guide will take you to the best spots for taking pictures of the beautiful scenery of Glencoe and the Highlands .
This photo tour is ideal for beginners/ intermediate photographers . Free pickup from your accommodation in Edinburgh. Perfect for the solo traveller or small groups up to 4 people looking to explore Scotland
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Live commentary on board
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- In car phone charging
What's excluded :
- Souvenir t-shirts, phone cases , prints and photo gifts (available to purchase online at Private Tours Edinburgh website , ask the driver for details
- entrance fees to castle
- Visit: Private Tours Edinburgh, Edinburgh Scotland
Tours of the Highlands of Scotland
Private tours of the Highlands including a visit to Eilean Donan Castle , Glencoe and Buachaille Etive Mor can be arranged. Your guide will take you to the best spots for taking pictures of the beautiful scenery of Glencoe and the Highlands .
This photo tour is ideal for beginners/ intermediate photographers . Your photo guide will offer assistance as required with taking pictures.
Our promise – your guide will always be friendly , helpful and informative .
Eilean Donan Castle
Eilean Donan Castle is the stunning Highlands castle set on an island in the middle of 3 lochs. The castle is the most photographed castle in the UK and it featured in the films Highlander and James Bond . Your tour guide will take you to the three best locations for pictures of the castle .
Eilean Donan means Island of Donan (a religious figure from the 12th century). Eilean Donan was Clan MacKenzie's most important stronghold from the 13th Century until it was destroyed in 1719. Robert the Bruce was given refuge in Eilean Donan Castle by John MacKenzie, Second of Kintail when he was being hunted by the English at the beginning of the fourteenth century.
In 1719 three English frigates sailed into Loch Duich and bombarded the castle with cannon fire until it was in ruins. The castle them lay in ruins for nearly 200 years. In 1911 John MacRae-Gilstrap bought the castle and spent 20 years restoring it .
Glencoe - see the stunning scenery of the paps of Glencoe , one of the most impressive peaks in Scotland. Glencoe is a beautiful rocky landscape featuring the Paps of Glencoe – giant mountains of solid rock. In the summer you might hear the piper in the car park playing a lament . When it goes quiet the silence is quite eery . Listen carefully and you might hear the wailing of ghosts from the Massacre of Glencoe. Your guide will take to the two best viewing points in Glencoe . One of the viewing points involves a short walk up the hillside facing the paps of Glencoe .
Buachaille Etive Mor is the iconic mountain in the heart of the Highlands. Your guide will take you to the best viewpoints for capturing great pictures of Etive Mor and the waterfall on the River Coupall in front of the mountain .
Our photo tours of Scotland feature visits to the top scenic locations in the Highlands and Edinburgh .
Departure Point :Private Tours Edinburgh, Edinburgh Scotland
Traveler pickup is offered
Free pickup and dropoff from your hotel / AirbnbAirports
- Turnhouse Airport, Edinburgh EH12 9DN Scotland
- Leith Docks Man, Leith, Edinburgh EH6 6JH, UK
Departure Time :10:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Most travelers can participate
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Minimum age is 18 years
- Dress code is smart casual
- We will have to cross some rough ground to reach the waterfall at Buachaille Etive Mor so trainers or flat shoes are recommended
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Every vehicle is thoroughly cleaned inside and out before each tour
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.