Edinburgh Old and New Town Half Day Tour
Pick up from your agreed location in our luxury Volksagen Transporter people carrier and head to the ancient Old Town in the heart of Edinburgh. Experience, first hand what life was like in the middle ages. See the majestic Edinburgh castle, visit the sublime Holyrood Palace, enjoy the architecture and mystique of The Royal Mile, before we head across to James Craig's masterpiece, Edinburgh's UNESCO protected New Town.
per adult from
1 to 4 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Bottled water
- Local guide
What's excluded :
- Once you are picked, we head for Edinburgh castle. This is the top of the Royal Mile and we will have a slow drive or walk down towards Holyrood Palace and experience over 1000 years of history on the way.
See what life was like in the 1700s by looking up our mysterious, historical closes. From Riddle's court, Lady Stair's Close, Brodie's close, where the infamous Deacon Brodie lived. Visit the statue and grave of the legendary Greyfriar's Bobby and see where J. K. Rowling wrote and was inspired to write the Harry Potter books.
After we go down to the Palace, we will drive up to Arthur's Seat for a lovely photo opportunity. We will then head to the New Town to see the magnificent 1767 masterplan of James Craig. Splendid Georgian terraced houses in all their glory.
We will then head for the Forth Bridges, to the North of Edinburgh for another spectacular photo opportunity. After this, we will head back to your original pick up point.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Pick ups will be at a point agreed with customerPorts
- Fife Rosyth Port
- Edinburgh Newhaven Port
- Any port required
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.