Edinburgh Literary Walking Tour
Edinburgh was the first city to receive the award as a UNESCO City of Literature. It is a home and the inspiration to many great writers. Edinburgh has what could be the only station in the world named after a book. What is this book? You will visit the monument of Walter Scott and will hear about this influence on the culture. The city was also the birthplace of Treasure Island and Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde author, Robert Louis Stevenson and Sir Arthur Conan Doyle. Whom we have to thank for bringing Sherlock Holmes into our lives? A professional guide will introduce you to the local resident and National treasure – J.K Rowling! Where did she write much of the earlier Harry Potter books? You will also hear fascinating facts about favorite crime writer, Ian Rankin. Hear stories of the poets, novelists and crime writers and places that inspired them and the lives they lived in Edinburgh
per adult from
What's included :
- Licensed Tour Guide
What's excluded :
- Entry/Admission - Edinburgh Old Town
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Edinburgh Old Town, Edinburgh EH1 Scotland
You will visit the monument of Walter Scott and will hear about this influence on the culture.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Edinburgh EH1 1RE, UK
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.