Edinburgh Food & Drink tour
The Edinburgh food and drink tour explores both the medieval Old Town of Scotland’s capital and its elegant Georgian New Town.
There are five food stops en route, three of them with a drink tasting. All of the stops have been carefully chosen not only to highlight Scotland’s iconic food and drink but also because the venues are much loved by local residents. This food tour takes you off the tourist trail.
As well as delving deep into Scotland’s natural larder, the Old & New Town food tour illustrates Edinburgh’s past and present; its history and the day-to-day reality of 21st century living in such a historical city.
Guests will be given audio headsets to listen live to the guide as you walk at your own pace or stop to take photos. Tour size is limited to 8 people so you all get a chance to get to know each other on the tour.
The Edinburgh Old & New Town food tour takes place Monday to Saturday at 1pm & Monday to Thursday at 5pm. Private tours, are available at other times.
per adult from
3 hours 30 minutes
What's included :
- Food and drink tastings
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Edinburgh Old Town, Edinburgh EH1 Scotland
We visit two venues in the Old Town for food and drink tastings. while taking in the historical areas such as the Cowgate, Grassmarket, Lawnmarket and Makars Courtyard.
Duration: 40 minutes
Stop At: New Town, Edinburgh Scotland
The Tour takes in the New Town of Edinburgh while stopping at three bars/restaurants for Scottish food and drink tastings. The route will take in The Mound, Prince St gardnes, George St, Queen St, and Charlotte Square.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Edinburgh Old Town, Edinburgh, UK
Return Detail :Rutland Street, Rutland St, Edinburgh, UK
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infant seats available
- Near public transportation
- Stroller accessible
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Audio headsets to hear the guide while socially distancing. Disposable earphones for audio headsets. But if you could bring your own that would be good for the environment. Use bars/restaurants which have COVID-19 prevention best practice in place. Guides have hand sanitizer & masks available
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.