Eco-Workshop: Learn Mosaic from Recycled Ceramic!
I'm Lucie, originally from Germany, but now living in Peru with my Peruvian family. We have dedicated our life to ecological construction, apart from the natural materials we have also focused on construction with recycled materials. In the last 5 years we have completed 2 ecological projects and participated in several community works.
A specialty of mine is doing mosaic from recycled ceramic tiles on floors or walls - which allows to leave a unique design, art and footprint at your site - giving a second use to a garbage product and stimulating your creative side while leaving something lasting at your house.
per adult from
4 hours 30 minutes
What's included :
What's excluded :
We start with an introduction over the ecological cause and make a small tour around the house, to get to know the dimensions of recycling and its arts, specifically the mosaic made of recycled ceramic tiles. After that we sit down with a tea to hear some of the theory: where and how we recycle, technical details of floor/wall mosaics, waterproofing of floors and work organization.
Then we are ready for the practice, starting with choosing or drawing a design and selecting our colors. Then step by step we start applying our tiles, creating our own mosaic until the end of the workshop. We end our workshop with a healthy Peruvian vegetarian lunch, made from our grandfather, together with all the family and volunteers of the project.
Departure Point :Casa Consciente Arequipa, Av. La Amistad 110, José Luis Bustamante y Rivero 04009, Peru
Departure Time :10:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.