Echmiadzin (Hripsime, Gayane, Mother Cathedral), Zvartnots
We invite you to have an excursion in the Mother Cathedral of the country which was the first in adopting Christianity as the state religion!
per adult from
4 to 5 hours
What's included :
- Car Service
- Guide's Service
What's excluded :
- Entrance Tickets
- Entry/Admission - Zvartnots Temple
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Echmiadzin Monastery Complex, Vagharshapat 1101 Armenia
Saint Hripsime Church is a seventh century Armenian Apostolic church in the city of Vagharshapat (Etchmiadzin), Armenia. It is one of the oldest surviving churches in the country. The church was erected by Catholicos Komitas to replace the original mausoleum built by Catholicos Sahak the Great in 395 AD that contained the remains of the martyred Saint Hripsime to whom the church is dedicated. The current structure was completed in 618 AD.
St.Gayane (630) is one of the main holy sites of the Armenian Apostolic Church. It was build on the site of a temple where a pagan Armenian king Tiridates III tortured and killed the abbess of the nuns that fled to Armenia from Rome in order to escape prosecution by another pagan emperor Diocletian. The grave of St.Gayane lies under the main temple. Since 2000 the church was included in the UNESCO World Heritage List.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Zvartnots Temple, Yerevan-Vagharshapat Highway Near the Echmiadzin Monastery Complex, Vagharshapat 1101 Armenia
Zvartnots Temple is located 5 km from Echmiadzin is one of the brightest landmarkst of medieval Armenian architecture –the magnificent Zvartnots Temple constructed in the 7-th century. Unfortunately, like the majority of other ancient Armenian temples, Zvartnots has survived only in ruins since it was completely destroyed by powerful earthquake in the 10 th century. But even the ruins of this temple give us the idea of its rare and majestic beauty.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Republic Square, Yerevan, Armenia
Departure Time :10:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.