eBiking the Great Western Greenway. Mayo. Self-guided. Full/half day.
42km Great Western Greenway, the longest off-road walking and cycling trail in Ireland;
Traffic free cycling and walking trail which follows the route of the renowned Westport to Achill railway which closed in 1937;
Traverses Ireland’s Atlantic coast between Westport town and Achill Island and visits the picturesque villages of Newport and Mulranny;
Passes by some of the West of Ireland’s most dramatic mountains and offers magnificent views of Clew Bay and its many islands.
per adult from
What's included :
- eBike hire;
- Hi Viz vests;
- Lock per bike;
- Self-guided routes and maps;
- Emergency backup vehicle.
What's excluded :
- Food & drinks.
Full day self-guided cycling from Westport on the Great Western Greenway, County Mayo along the Wild Atlantic Way on a electric bIke. Escape the bustle of urban life on the 42km Great Western Greenway, the longest off-road walking and cycling trail in Ireland. The World Class Great Western Greenway is a traffic free cycling and walking trail which follows the route of the renowned Westport to Achill railway which closed in 1937.The Greenway traverses Ireland’s Atlantic coast between Westport town and Achill Island and visits the picturesque villages of Newport and Mulranny. It passes by some of the West of Ireland’s most dramatic mountains and offers magnificent views of Clew Bay and its many islands. The amount of cycling routes around Westport are testament to the unbelievable scenery you will be cycling through. The Tourist Industry, businesses and local people have all got together to assist in making this area “Bicycle Friendly”, making it the activity and cycling centre of Ireland.
Hop on your electric bike and be ready to enjoy the area. You may even be adding another day as there is so much to see and enjoy.
Pax: min 1, max 20. Available every day of the year
Departure Point :Octagon, Cahernamart, Westport, Co. Mayo, Ireland
Departure Time :9:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- Riders must be 18 years of age or older.
- There is a rider weight limit of 120kgs/260lbs.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.