Eat like an Athenian walking tour
Eat your way around Athens with a local foodie who will show you the local hot spots. Discover the authentic Greek cuisine, sample traditional Greek foods like olives and olive oil, honey, cheese, meats, Greek coffee, sesame bread, famous street foods and more in legendary local stores!
Along the way, learn everything about Greek culture, the eating habits of modern Athenians and everyday life in the city!
per adult from
What's included :
- Local taxes
- Food tasting
- Local guide
- Alcoholic Beverages
- Hygiene products (hand sanitizers, face masks)
- Guaranteed to skip the lines
What's excluded :
- Private expenses
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: National Library of Greece, 32 Panepistimiou Street, Athens 106 79 Greece
We meet at one of the most central places in Athens and start our food experience by visiting the most local favorite place for pies! Taste cheese pie with authentic Greek feta cheese, spinach pie and more!
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Varvakios Central Municipal Market, Athinas 42, Athina 105 51, Greece
We reach the Athens central food markets, the liveliest part of Athens, walk in between customers and shop owners and experience the amazing atmosphere! Around that area we will taste various authentic Greek tastes, such us, cheeses, cold cuts, Greek coffee, lukumades (aka the Greek donut) and more! Of course a visit to the market area wouldn't be complete without olives and nuts tasting directly from the market!
Duration: 1 hour 20 minutes
Stop At: Psirri, Athens Greece
At this beautiful and alternative Athenian district, with a lot of stories to tell, we will visit one of the oldest bakeries in town and taste the favorite Greek snack!
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Monastiraki, Athens Greece
It wouldn't be an Athens food experience without tasting different varieties of honey, traditional drinks and of course the extra virgin olive oil! Learn what make an olive oil extra virgin and how to recognize the high quality! Later, visit a popular restaurant and try the most famous street food in Greece , suvlaki!
Duration: 1 hour 5 minutes
Departure Point :Panepistimiou, Athina, Greece
Return Detail :Monastiraki, Athina, Greece
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Please inform us for any food allergies or preferences
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Please note that during Sunday the central food market of Athens is closed. That day the tour will have small differences
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- The company follows the rules as announced by the Greek National Public Health Organization
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.