Eat Like a Local: Street Breakfast Tour in Shanghai
Savor the taste of Shanghai’s famous ‘xiaolongbao’ (soup dumplings), pulled noodles, breakfast pancakes and more on this 3-hour, small-group walking tour with a knowledgeable local guide. Begin your day with a stroll past water calligraphers and tai chi masters in Xiangyang Park, before meandering to street stalls and a wet market to experience Chinese cuisine freshly prepared in front of you. Be sure to come hungry on this child-friendly tour, limited to small groups ensure a personalized experience.
per adult from
What's included :
- Professional guide
- Coffee and/or Tea
- Post-tour welcome packet with helpful restaurant recommendations, local travel tips & so much more to help make your stay in Shanghai easy & fun
- Breakfast - Tasting stops add up to a very large meal, and you will most likely not need to schedule a meal for several hours after the tour
- Entry/Admission - UnTour Shanghai Food Tours
What's excluded :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Alcoholic beverages
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: UnTour Shanghai Food Tours, 1008 Huaihai Middle Road, Shanghai China
Our walking culinary tours are designed to get visitors off the beaten path and into authentic local shops where they can eat shoulder to shoulder with locals. Since 2010, UnTour Food Tours has taken thousands of guests to our favorite mom-and-pop-owned shops. UnTour Food Tour has been featured in The New York Times, Travel & Leisure, National Geographic, Monocle, CNN, The Sunday Time Travel Magazine, Eat the World with Emeril Lagasse, Samantha Brown Travels, The Guardian & more. Come explore Shanghai's tastiest authentic cuisine with us!
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: Former French Concession, Former French Concession, Shanghai
Some of Shanghai’s best food is found streetside in the morning hours. Explore a local market and taste the Chinese breakfast of champions with this street food tour through the beautiful former French Concession neighborhood. You’ll meet our trusted vendors selling classic local dishes, including the world-famous jianbing (Chinese crepe), steaming baskets of the city’s finest soup dumplings, freshly-pulled noodles, and much more.
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: Xiangyang Park, Xuhui District, China
Start your morning off at Xiangyang Park. Stroll through one of the former French Concession’s most energetic parks – and watch the retirees practicing tai chi, water calligraphy, line dancing and Traditional Chinese Medicine.
Duration: 20 minutes
Pass By: Iapm Shopping Mall, No.999 Huaihai Middle Road, Shanghai 200031 China
Finish your tour in the shadows of IAPM, one of Shanghai's most luxurious shopping malls with great local boutiques, bars, cinemas, and restaurants (although you won't need to eat again for hours after the tour).
Departure Point :Xiangyang Park （South Gate）, 1008 Huai Hai Zhong Lu, Huai Hai Lu Xi Duan, Xuhui Qu, Shanghai Shi, China
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :621 Nan Chang Lu, Xuhui Qu, Shanghai Shi, China, 200031
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Please advise any specific dietary requirement at time of booking - 72 hours advanced notice is required to be able to cater to any dietary restrictions.
- Wear comfortable shoes and come hungry
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Green health QR code required
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.