Eat Like A Local: Shanghai Night Food Tour
Get ready for Shanghai’s most delicious food tour! As the sun sets, you’ll get off the tourist trail and into family-run restaurants serving the most authentic regional cuisines the city has to offer. You’ll wash it all down with Chinese beers and spirits (or soft drinks), as you get to know more about Shanghai’s history and culture, one bite at a time. Explore just how diverse the cuisines of China can be with more than 15 tastings on this Shanghai evening food tour!
per adult from
What's included :
- Professional guide
- Samplings of food and drink during tour
- Post-tour welcome packet with helpful restaurant recommendations, local travel tips & so much more to help make your stay in Shanghai easy & fun
What's excluded :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drink that is not included in tour itinerary
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Shanghai, Shanghai
As the financial capital of China, Shanghai attracts millions of migrants who bring their local culinary traditions and ingredients with them. As the sun sets, join UnTour Food Tours as we explore the best local and regional cuisines the city has to offer, paired with local beers, spirits (or soft drinks) in a centrally-located, authentic residential neighborhood. Taste local dishes from the Shanghai Jiangnan area, as well as southern and northwest China & Sichuan. Explore just how different regional Chinese foods can be on this evening Shanghai food tour!
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: Nanjing Lu (Nanjing Road), Nanjing East Road, Huangpu District, Shanghai 200000 China
Explore the neighborhood just north of the famous Nanjing Road. Known for its colonial history during the Republic of China, this area of Shanghai was home to some of the city's most famous locals and expats during the 1920s and 1930s.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Jing'an Temple, Jing'an Temple, Shanghai
End your tour a stone's throw from historic Jing'an Temple. You can hop on the subway from there, or explore the bars in the neighborhood. Your guide will be happy to give you recommendations!
Duration: 5 minutes
Departure Point :Jiangsu Road station, Jiang Su Lu, Jingan Qu, Shanghai Shi, China
Departure Time :6:00 PM
Return Detail :Fuchun Xiaolong, 650 Yu Yuan Lu, Jingan Qu, Shanghai Shi, China
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking - advanced notice is required to be able to cater to any dietary restrictions
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Please wear comfortable walking shoes
- Standard group size is 8, but in some cases groups can be up to 12 people with a second guide
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Green health QR code required
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.