Easter 2019 Ghana Expedition
Easter is a wonderful time in Ghana and more especially among the ethnic group called Kwahus. Having adopted Easter as their main festival, This place have become synonymous with the Christian celebration of the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ so much that all and sundry from across Ghana and beyond trek there to celebrate in grand style. Get to experience the wonderful scenes of this event from Kwahu with several people of all background culminating in durbars of chiefs and people, street parties and carnivals as well as paragliding shows.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- 4 nights accommodation
- Fuel surcharge
- Local guide
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Transport by private vehicle
What's excluded :
- DAY 1: 18TH APRIL 2019 ~ ARRIVE/ACCRA
• On arrival at Kotoka International Airport, you will be transferred to your hotel.
• Proceed on a city tour of Accra. Places of interest will include the Kwame Nkrumah Park, the Dubois Centre, Makola, Osu among others.
• Overnight at Accra City Hotel.
DAY 2: 19TH APRIL 2019 ~ ACCRA/KUMASI (B)
• After breakfast checkout and depart for Kumasi.
• En route, spend some time with Easter celebrants at Kwahu. The people of this area have adopted Easter as their main festival and this attracts thousands of celebrants both internationally and nationally. Highlights of the occasion includes the hand gliding and paragliding festival.
• Continue to Kumasi
• Check in to your hotel and overnight. Miklin Hotel
DAY 3: 20TH APRIL 2019 ~ KUMASI CITY TOUR (B)
• After breakfast, proceed on a city tour of Kumasi.
• Visit the Manhyia Palace which has served as the official residence of the Ashanti monarchy since 1924 when the British offered it to them for compensation although they rejected it and paid for it fully.
• At the Cultural Centre later, see the fake golden stool on display at the Prempeh II Museum and explore other sites of interest here.
• Then continue to the Okomfo Anokye sword site. This site was the point where Ashanti history all began when the golden stool was conjured down by this priest and also planted a sword into the ground which still exist till today since the late 1600.
• Explore on foot the largest open market in West Africa at Kejetia before retiring for the day.
• Overnight at Miklin Hotel.
DAY 4: 21ST APRIL 2019 ~ KUMASI/ELMINA (B)
• After breakfast checkout of hotel for departure to Elmina.
• Stop en route at the Assin Manso slave river site for a tour. This was a slave market where enslaved Africans took their last bath in African waters before being locked up at the castles for shipment across the Atlantic into other parts of the world as slaves.
• Visit the Kakum National Park. the Park is a virgin forest spanning 357km2. It boast of the only Canopy Walkway in Africa. Take an adventurous walk on the walkway.
• Overnight at Coconut Groove Beach Resort
DAY 5: 2ND APRIL 2019 ~ ELMINA/ACCRA/DEPARTURE (B)
• After breakfast, checkout of the hotel and visit the two UNESCO World Heritage Castles at Elmina and Cape Coast.
• The Elmina Castle also known as the Ft. St. Georges Castle was built by the Portuguese in 1482. As one of the largest slave castles in the world, it remains the oldest European building in sub-Sahara Africa.
• Explore through the dungeons of the Cape Coast Castle built by the British in 1665 and recently visited by President Barrack Obama in 2009.
• Continue to Accra for departure.
Departure Point :Airport, hotel or residence
Departure Time :Based on flight time
Return Detail :Airport, hotel or residence
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.