Early Bangkok Walking Tour - Thonburi & Bangkok Yai
I am a proud citizen of Thailand, and I have a deep interest in my country's history and culture. I have undertaken extensive formal education and conducted self-studies into these subject matters. I firmly believe that tours with me are much more informative and in-depth than those offered by other tour operators.
This tour is designed to enlighten guests about the history and culture of Thailand and for them to have fun while doing so. Many of my past customers tell me that I am a good storyteller and that they enjoy how I relate the backgrounds of each destination and thus intensify their interest in the places that we visited as well as broadening their views about Thailand as a whole.
This tour also includes lunch at an authentic Thai restaurant.
per adult from
5 to 6 hours
What's included :
- WiFi on board
- Bottled water
- Coffee and/or Tea
- Accident Insurance (as required by Thailand's Department of Tourism)
- Fares on Chao Phraya Express Boat
- Entry/Admission - Baan Kudichin Museum
- Entry/Admission - Temple Of Dawn (Wat Arun)
What's excluded :
- Alcoholic Beverages
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Gong Wu (Guan Yu) Shrine, Chakkrawat, Samphanthawong, Bangkok 10100 Thailand
This location is a shrine dedicated to General Guan Yu who is one of the main characters in "Romance of the Three Kingdoms" Chinese classic epic.
Duration: 30 minutes
Pass By: Santa Cruz Church, 112 Thesaban 1 Rd. Wat Kalaya, Thon Buri, Bangkok 10600 Thailand
Santa Cruz Catholic Church is one of the oldest Christian churches in Thailand. Usually, the interior of the church is accessible only during mass, but if the doors are open we can spend a few minutes here.
Stop At: Baan Kudichin Museum, 271 Soi Kudichin 3, Thetsaban Sai 1 Rd, Bangkok 10600 Thailand
This is a small cafe that also hosts a museum of Portuguese heritage in Thailand. Beverages other than coffee are also available. With your preferred beverage, you can also enjoy "kanom farang" a Portuguese-inspired cake served in small pieces.
The Portuguese were that first Europeans to have contact with Thailand in the early 16th Century CE when Ayutthaya was the capital. A number of their descendants now live in the Kudichin (Kudee Jeen), but how did they end up here?
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Wat Kalayanamit Varamahavihara, 371 Thetsaban Sai 1 Road Wat Kalayanamitr, Thonburi, Bangkok 10600 Thailand
This temple is one of the most revered by the Bangkokians, especially those with Chinese ancestry. The key attraction here is the huge Buddha image (one of the biggest in Thailand) in the main worshipping hall. At this location, I can relate to you about Buddhist symbolisms that are embedded in the temple architectures and art forms -- they are not only beautiful and full of grace but they also convey many historical meanings as well as cultural heritage.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Wat Hong Rattanaram, Wat Arun, Bang Kok Yai, Bangkok 10600 Thailand
This is a lesser known Buddhist temple, even among the Bangkokians. But the Buddhism arts here are very intricate and appealing. There are two other attractions here of significant. One is a pond that some devotees believe is magical and can cure illness or make one prosper. The other is shrine to King Taksin the Great -- why is he "great" and why is the shrine here. Come with me to find out.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Temple Of Dawn (Wat Arun), 158 Thanon Wang Doem, Wat Arun, Bangkok Yai, Bangkok 10600 Thailand
This is one of the most important temples in all of Thailand, perhaps less substantial only to the Temple of Emerald Buddha and is an iconic symbol of Bangkok. Guests may have visited the temple previously but did you do more than climb the "prang" and took selfies? Why is the "prang" shaped the way it does? Why is this temple an important one?
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :1: Sathon Pier, Silom, Bang Rak, Bangkok 10120, Thailand
2: Memorial Bridge, Wang Burapha Phirom, Phra Nakhon, Bangkok 10200, Thailand
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not recommended for travelers who have mobility issue(s) because we will be doing a lot of walking
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 5 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Almost all of our tour activities are in open air environment.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.