Early Access to Chichen Itza + Lunch & optional Valladolid and Swim at a Cenote
Gain essential insights into Mexico’s past on a visit to Chichen Itza with a private archaeologist. Miss the crowds by visiting in the early morning, and see parts of the site that traditional tours don’t visit. With meeting points from Cancun, experience the majesty of the entire Chichen Itza site and receive personalized attention from your professionally certified guide. All the options include the lunch buffet.
If you prefer, you can choose the Chichen Itzá Plus option with upgrade and visit the beautiful city of Valladolid and get the chance to swim in a Cenote. Make the most of your day with this full experience.
per adult from
10 to 11 hours
What's included :
- Bilingual guide
- Round transportation from the meeting point
- Buffet Lunch
- Access to a Cenote (If you choose the Chichen Itzá Plus option)
- Guided visit in Valladolid (if you choose the Chichen Itzá Plus option)
- Entry/Admission - Chichen Itza
- Entry/Admission - Cenote Saamal
What's excluded :
- Drinks (available to purchase)
- Fee for use of video camera at Chichen Itza (between $10USD to $25USD)
- Local tax of $417 mxn. Only credit card payment.
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Valladolid, Valladolid, Yucatan Peninsula
Valladolid, recently named Magic Town of Mexico, accompanied by an expert bilingual guide.
Duration: 25 minutes
Stop At: Chichen Itza Mexico
With this Viator Exclusive, your early morning visit to Chichen Itza allows you to explore the site before the crowds so you can enjoy the rest of your day on the beach.
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: Cenote Saamal, Valladolid Mexico
After visiting Chichen Itza, you'll head to a refreshing cenote for a swim. Cenotes are natural sinkholes resulting from the collapse of limestone bedrock that exposes fresh water underneath.
Duration: 1 hour 15 minutes
Departure Point :1: Cancún, Quintana Roo, Mexico
2: Riviera Maya, Quintana Roo, Mexico
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- It is recommended that you bring comfortable walking shoes and camera
- All visitors to Chichen Itza need to pay a local tax of $406 mxn or 23 USD. Only credit card payment the day of the tour or before by Paypal.
- Note: The tour is on shared basis and there is a private guide per each group of up to 20 people
- For safety reasons, it is mandatory that you wear a life vest during the visit to the cenote (the cost is not included on the inclusions list)
- Most travelers can participate
- Due to COVID, it is possible that Valladolid has restrictions. If so, the visit will be done by bus or you'll have extra time at the cenote
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 60 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.