Early Access Montserrat Experience - Half Day Guided Tour from Barcelona
Head into nature for a half day tour to visit the famous and scenic mountain of Montserrat, meaning “serrated mountain” is aptly named. Home to a medieval monastery built between natural rock towers over 1 kilometer above sea level that is steeped in history and legend, this impressive destination is unlike anything you may have ever witnessed and just one hour away from such a vibrant and frenetic city, this gorgeous site offers rugged nature, stunning mountain views, and an atmosphere of utter peace and calm.
per adult from
4 hours 45 minutes
What's included :
- Return transportation in air-conditioned bus from Barcelona to Montserrat
- Expert, English-speaking tour guide
- Small groups of 25 people
- Entry/Admission - Montana de Montserrat
- Entry/Admission - Abadia de Montserrat
What's excluded :
- Hotel pick-up/drop-off
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Barcelona, Barcelona, Catalonia
Start of the tour
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Montana de Montserrat, 08199 Montserrat Spain
Montserrat, meaning “serrated mountain” is aptly named. Leave the bustle of the city behind on this half-day tour and experience one of the most important and beautiful sites for nature lovers and history fans in all of Catalonia. It may come as a surprise that just one hour away from such a vibrant and frenetic city, this gorgeous site offers rugged nature, stunning mountain views, and an atmosphere of utter peace and calm.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Abadia de Montserrat, Carretera BP-1121 S/N, 08199 Montserrat Spain
Escape the busy city to experience one of the most important and beautiful sites for nature lovers and history buffs in the world. Just an hour away from hectic Barcelona you find this beautiful site that mixes rugged natural settings and stunning mountain views with an atmosphere of utter tranquility.
This tour starts early to beat the crowds. By departing from Barcelona at 8:00 AM you avoiding the daily lines that form in front of the Benedictine monastery and the world-famous Black Madonna statue, which is also a must-see.
Your transfer in a comfortable, air-conditioned bus will only last about one hour, during which time your guide will tell you all about the history about this legendary site.
With views of the surrounding countryside, as well the Mediterranean sea and the Pyrenees mountains in the distance, make sure to bring your camera! The visit of the Monastery grounds begins with a brief orientation tour, as your guide leads you to the famous Basilica where you will find "La Moreneta" - the Black Madonna statue.
During your free time you can ride the cable car ride high above the expansive landscape, or spend more time learning about the history of Montserrat at the monastery museum. Art lovers will surely enjoy the masterpieces by artists such as Manet, Picasso and Dalí at the contemporary art museum also on the premises, and foodies can sample a variety of local products – from cheeses and sausages to honey and nuts – from the local artisans who sell their wares from street stalls.
Duration: 4 hours 45 minutes
Departure Point :Plaça d'Espanya, 08004 Barcelona, Spain
Departure Time :9:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not for anyone with impairments requiring special assistance.
- Also unable to accommodate strollers or baby carriages on our group tours
- Entrance into the Montserrat Monastery requires a strict dress code. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 25 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.