Durres Day Tour
Immerse yourself in the ancient past of Durres and explore the amazing monuments of classical antiquity. Get an in depth view of the local history with private guide and learn how the city was considered the “Tavern of the Adriatic”. Visit one of the biggest Roman Amphitheater in the Balkans and the Byzantine Chapel inside of it. Explore the Archaeological and Ethnographic Museums of Durres. Walk along the Venetian Tower and the Byzantine wall, “the old-and-new-in the same time”. Perfect for all ages.
per adult from
What's included :
- Professional Guide.
- Entry/Admission - Durres Amphitheatre
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Durres Amphitheatre, Rruga Kalase, Durres Albania
The amphitheater is one of the most important monuments of Durres, and it is also one of the biggest amphitheaters in the Balkan. It was built in the 2nd Country A.D, and is considered as one of the greatest constructions of Durres, it can also be compared with the other amphitheaters of antiquity, as for it used to have the same function as those. It served as a place where slave owners amused themselves watching artistic performances of fights between gladiators and beasts.
Duration: 20 minutes
Departure Point :Culture Palace, Pallati i Kulturës, Rruga Bukuroshja e Durresit, Durrës, Albania
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.