Dunhuang Private Day Tour Mogao Grottoes, Singing Dunes and Crescent Moon Spring
Mogao Grottoes is the jewel of Silk Road located in Dunhuang, China, where access is very challenging. This private day tour take you to Duhuang with a visit to the highlights of Silk Road including Mogao Grottoes. You will also see the wonder of the Singing Dunes and Crescent Moon Spring.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Private tour
- Local guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by private vehicle
- Bottled water
- Entry/Admission - Mogao Caves
- Entry/Admission - Mingsha Shan - Echoing-Sand Mountain
- Entry/Admission - Crescent Moon Pool
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Mogao Caves, West of Hexi Zoulang, Dunhuang 736200 China
At 8:00am, your guide will pick you up from the lobby of your Dunhuang hotel and transfer you to Visitors' Center of Mogao Grottoes, an UNESCO listed World Heritage Site, where you will watch two documentaries about the caves and Silk Road. Then, a professional cave guide will lead you to explore about 7 to 9 caves closely. You will be astonished by well-preserved fresco and statues in the caves from the 4th century.
The caves were built by monks with donated funds and elaborately painted to serve as shrines and for meditation and enlightenment. Those paintings are also a teaching tools to inform those illiterate about Buddhist beliefs and stories. The primary caves were sponsored by patrons of important clergies, local ruling elites, foreign dignitaries, and Chinese emperors. Some of the caves might have been funded by merchants, military officers, and local residents.
*Note: Your visit to the Mogao Caves might be changed to the afternoon due to daily availability of the attraction. In this case, you will visit the Singing Sand Dunes and Crescent Moon Spring in the morning.
Duration: 4 hours
Stop At: Mingsha Shan - Echoing-Sand Mountain, Three miles from Dunhuang, Dunhuang 831900 China
This afternoon, you will be transferred to see Singing Sand Dunes and Crescent Moon Spring. It is also called whistling sand or barking sand that produces sound which is perhaps caused by wind passing over dunes or by walking on the sand.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Crescent Moon Pool, 5km South of Dunhuang, Dunhuang 736200 China
This magical spring is located in the center of sand dunes but it has never been covered by the sand throughout the history. Crescent Moon Spring is a crescent-shaped lake oasis in Gobi Desert that is slowing shrinking due to climate change.
Duration: 1 hour
Pass By: Silk Road Trips, No.6 Eastern Ring Road Suite 2043, Dunhuang 736200 China
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We also pick you up from your centrally located Dunhuang hotel.Airports
- Dunhuang Airport, Dunhuang China
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Passport name and number is required at time of booking for all participants for Travel Insurance
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.