Drakensberg, Nelson Mandela Capture Site & Howick Falls 1 Day Tour From Durban
Travel through the gentle pastoral beauty of the Natal Midlands. Pass through grassy plains scattered with villages and lush farmlands and see plump cattle and thoroughbred horses graze. Take in the endless vistas and incredible scenery. Explore the magnificent Drakensberg.
The day's highlights are:
• See the Howick Falls
• See the site where former SA President Nelson Mandela was captured in 1962 and went on to spend 27 yers in prison
• Enjoy the Drakensberg
• Minimum 2 people booking
*All this in one day.
We can cater for groups larger than 15 on request. There is also a discount for groups of 4 and more. if only 2 or 3 of you are booked for the tour, the tour can become a private tour for you at no extra charge.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Bottled water
- Soft drinks
- Hotel, airport and port pick-ups and drop offs from all over KZN
- Entry/Admission - Howick Falls
- Entry/Admission - Nelson Mandela Capture Site
- Entry/Admission - Drakensberg Mountains
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Howick Falls, Corner of Falls Drive & Morling Street, Howick South Africa
We set off on our tour towards Pietermaritzburg, the capital of Kwa Zulu Natal at around 8:00am. From Pietermaritzburg we continue to Howick where we visit the 100m high Howick Falls.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Nelson Mandela Capture Site, R103, Howick 3620 South Africa
We continue our tour, with our next stop at the monument erected on the spot where police arrested Nelson Mandela in 1961 as a result of his resistance to the former Apartheid government, The Nelson Mandela Capture Site.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Drakensberg Mountains, Drakensberg Region South Africa
From the Nelson Mandela Capture Site, our tour takes us through an area of gentle pastoral beauty called the Natal Midlands. We pass through grassy plains scattered with villages and lush farmlands where plump cattle and thoroughbred horses graze.
We eventually arrive at the magnificent Drakensberg Mountains. Take in the endless vistas and incredible scenery before setting out on a short walk to view the rocks, the plants, etc..., all hidden within caves and the Drakensberg's remote surrounds. We stop at one of the lodges for a light lunch. We continue with our tour until around 3:00pm. We depart from the Drakensberg at around 3 pm for drop offs at hotels and the airport.
Duration: 5 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
All travellers on tour will be picked up from their locations - airport, port, hotels, etc.... Arrangements should be made in good time.Airports
- King Shaka Intl Airport, Durban South Africa
Departure Time :5:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.