Dragon's Back Hiking Tour in Hong Kong
Dragon’s Back is highlighted as “The Best Urban Trail in Asia” by many travel books and magazines. During this hiking tour, you will enjoy the beautiful eight kilometer trail together and taste a locally brewed “Dragon’s Back” or “Big Wave Bay” at the end of the hike at Big Wave Bay beach.
per adult from
What's included :
- Transport by air-conditioned local minivan (to and from Shau Kei Wan MTR station)
- Alcoholic Beverages
What's excluded :
- Subway to Shau Kei Wan MTR station
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
First, you will meet the guide at Central MTR station Exit A. After taking the subway to the eastern side of the Hong Kong Island (subway transportation not included, cost is about HKD 10), you'll hop on a red minibus taking you to the beginning of the trail. You can expect to take about one hour to get there.
Dragon's Back is part of Hong Kong trail whose total distance is approximately 5 miles (8 kilometers). The first third of the trail is a bit more challenging due to it being uphill and more exposed to sun. The remainder of the trail is flat and is considered as easy.
The trail finishes at a beach called Big Wave Bay where your group will rest and have a local craft beer (or other type of drink). A changing room is available to change into a swimsuit where you can jump into the beautiful water. You can expect it will take about three hours for the hike and 30 to 60 minutes to relax at the beach.
Finally the guide will lead you to take minibus on your journey back to the nearest subway station. Depending on the date, you should return to Shau Kei Wan MTR Station Exit A2 five hours later.
• Hong Kong Free Tours, Admiralty MTR Station, Hong Kong China
Departure Point :World Wide House, World Wide Ln, Central, Hong Kong
Departure Time :2:00 PM
Return Detail :Shau Kei Wan, Hong Kong
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- You may want to bring swimsuit with you
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a strong physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.