Downcity Providence Food Tour
Join this 3-hour small-group food tour to savor 6+ food tastings in one of America's top food cities with a professional guide. Sip on alcoholic beverages (if option selected) at select locations. Explore this historic capital city's architecture while listening to fascinating stories about the history and view the art and culture as you walk through the Downcity Arts District. Tour is limited to a maximum of 14 people to ensure personalized service and includes a map and guide offering recommendations for you to further explore on your own.
per adult from
What's included :
- Food tastings
- Local guide
- Guide sheet & map
- Alcoholic drinks (if option selected)
What's excluded :
- Alcoholic drinks
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- After meeting your guide across the street from Providence City Hall at 12pm, you'll begin a walking tour on this one-of-a-Kind food tasting tour. This fully-narrated guided tour will visits at least six food tasting locations in the Downcity Arts District neighborhood. Delicious food tastings are served from both casual eateries serving up approachable, local farm-to-table comfort food to award winning fine dining plating fresh creative dishes. A few stops include a tasting and briefing on the art of 'bao' making (Chinese filled steam bun); a Parisian-inspired café, where guests partake in the pleasures of seasonal, wholesome goodness; a coal-fired, made from scratch gourmet favorite; and a non-traditional, experimental bakery stand serving up inventive sweet and savory snacks.
Between bites and samplings, you’ll get an insider’s view of the Providence Downcity's hot modern day culinary landscape, where food, art and architecture collide in a very walkable, scenic, diverse small city. Your expert guide with share their knowledge of epicurean favorites, hidden murals and art, architectural gems, hidden speakeasies and local festivals and entertainment to be found in the creative capital.
Sample Tasting Locations:
• Ellie's Bakery & Cafe - A Parisian inspired bakery filled with goodness and prepared with responsibly sourced local ingredients
• Oberlin - James Beard nominated casual neighborhood restaurant and wine bar with a hyper local small plate focus.
• Dune Brother's Seafood - Unconventional local sustainable New England fish shack.
• Friskie Fries - Crunchy fun-tastic fries served with savory and sweet toppings. Watch for their retro inspired food trucks and jump in on the naughty toppings.
• Knead - Classic, timeless artisan doughnuts elevated to a whole new level.
• Yoleni's - A first in the US, Greek Emporium where you will discover and experience exotic foods and flavors of Greece.
• Gracie's - A seasonally inspired fine dining establishment focused on fresh local ingredients, some grown on their own rooftop. A Prestigious, AAA 4 Diamond Award Winner 5 years in a rowThe tour will end at Gracie's on Washington Street at approximately 3pm - 3:15pm.
Departure Point :Knowledge District
Departure Time :12:00 PM
Return Detail :Tour ends at Gracie's on Washington St. at approximately 3pm - 3:15pm
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Please arrive 15 minutes early for check in, departure starts promptly at 12pm
- A moderate amount of walking is involved,1 slight incline, approx. 1.8mi (2.89km)
- Please advise of any specific dietary requirements or allergies at time of booking
- Vegetarian substitutions available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Pescatarian diets can be accommodated at some locations, but not all, please advise at time of booking if required
- Refunds will not be issued if tour/activity is missed due to late or non-arrival
- Minimum drinking age is 21 years, if you choose the food and alcohol ticket upgrade
- Children 8 and up must be accompanied by an adult, under 8 years old is not recommended
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately for weather
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 14 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.