Douro Valley Private Tour from Oporto
Douro Valley the region that everyone should come once in a lifetime, come and meet us on our Douro Valley Tour from Oporto.
A true painting of life, where time passes slowly without letting man interfere, a unique place, different by nature and perfect justice.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Free wifi
- Bottled water
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Private transportation
- Personal accidents insurance
- Visit and Wine tasting ( chosen by our company )
- Entry/Admission - Quinta do Tedo
What's excluded :
- Admission Fees
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Sao Goncalo Church, Praca da Republica, Amarante 4600-038 Portugal
Stroll through the historic center, walk through the old streets, see the typical houses and the history that the city counts, with the river and the bridge.
For those who like to appreciate the ancient architecture, in Amarante, mainly in the historical center, there are numerous examples of the Romanesque and still many buildings of the Middle Ages, along S. Gonçalo bridge (name of the Dominican friar who will have it built) and enjoy some of the most touristic points of the city: the Church and Convent of São Gonçalo and the Amadeo de Souza-Cardoso Museum.
As he walks by the convent, especially at the end of the week, he will notice the stalls of the vendors of the delicious S. Gonçalo sweets who, because of their phallic appearance, are always a source of curiosity and great laughter. The name of the candy also helps … they are popularly called “quilhõezinhos de S. Gonçalo”.
Tradition tells us that, at the S. Gonçalo festivities in June, the boys offer the girls they want to conquer. That was the way it used to be, but nowadays it is not like that, according to legend, those who want to get engaged have to touch the tomb of S. Gonçalo, from there they assume the saint as a matchmaker … mainly of the older women
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Casal de Loivos Viewpoint, Cabo da Rua, Casal de Loivos 5085-010 Portugal
Undoubtedly a breathtaking view, one of the best viewpoints of the Douro Valley, here we will understand the deserved fame of this beautiful region.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Quinta do Tedo, N-222, EM512 Folgosa, Armamar 5110-207 Portugal
Strange would be to take a walk to the oldest wine region in the world without making at least one visit to a local winery, where you will be shown the different aspects of winemaking and also taste some of the best wines in the world according to world renowned Wine Spectator, at the end you should understand the methods and the different kind of grapes and wines here create.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Pinhao Railway Station, Largo da Estacao, 5085, Pinhao 5085-037 Portugal
Certainly one of the most beautiful places in the Douro region, the Pinhao Railway Station, built in the nineteenth century, its tiles representing the landscape and the life of the people in this region, with images of Port wine production from the harvest, the peculiar tread of the grapes with the feet, and the transport of wine in rabelos boats, typical boats that make the transport of the wine from there to the city of Oporto or more precisely Gaia.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We will pick up from all accommodations Airports
- Porto Airport, Porto Portugal
- Oporto Ports
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Our company is certified with the clean and safe seal by the Portuguese Tourism Association, with the health safety procedures to be adopted. All of our guides were trained by Portuguese Tourism Association to understand the cleaning, hygiene and basic prevention and control measures of COVID-19.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.