Douro Valley Hike From Porto Including Lunch and Wine Tasting
The Douro Valley is authentic Portuguese jewelry, in which Nature works together with the man—creating the perfect combination to give life to the Douro region, essentially rural concentrated in the wine industry. The region carried to the four corners of the world for the success of the wines produced here, more specifically the remarkable Port Wine. This title was given unanimously, rewarding the oldest demarcated wine region in the world, bounded by “Marquês do Pombal” in 1756. Unique region due to its schist soil virtues and its privileged sun exposure with a distinguished local clime together with the hard work of Douro people.
Believe me. This tour is worthwhile, don’t miss this opportunity. I’m sure you won’t regret it!
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Port Wine Tasting (Standard three great wines)
- Driver / Guide
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Private transportation
What's excluded :
- Travel insurance
- Telephone and personal expenses.
- - Meeting point: Your hotel in Braga or Porto 09h00 AM.
- +/- 1h30 by car from your hotel to the Douro Valley.
- The driver will stop the car in Pinhão, where is our Hike in the Douro Valley Vineyards. That is included a hat and a bottle of water. Level: Easy. We have one house in the middle of the trail. The house has a restroom and one living room.
During the walk, you can enjoy the peace and quiet of the Douro as well as magnificent view of this world-famous UNESCO World Heritage Valley, while learning about the terroir of the Douro and its soil, landscape, climate, and its unique grape varieties. You will walk along the vineyards, olive, orange, and fig trees.
+/-01h00 p.m. Lunchtime. Traditional Portuguese food is not suitable for vegans/vegetarians.
- Pinhão Train Station: It is time to visit the most beautiful building in the region - Pinhão Train Station: it is famous for its tiles.
- The last stop will be a wine estate and taste the famous Port wine (Standard three great wines).
- We will finish the tour at your hotel in Braga or Porto - 06h00 PM.
- Duration: 1 day.
• Pinhao, Pinhao, Vila Real District, Northern Portugal
• Pinhao Railway Station, Largo da Estacao, 5085, Pinhao 5085-037 Portugal
• Peso Da Regua, Peso Da Regua, Vila Real District, Northern Portugal
• Pork Chops with Wine and Garlic. Drink: Portuguese Wine - White Beans, pork, and Chouriço.
Drink: water or coke.
• Local Cake (bolo borrachão) - Fruit or ice cream.
Departure Point :Porto, Porto, Porto District, Northern Portugal
Traveler pickup is offered
We will meet at the hotel lobby at 09h00 am.
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- Traditional Portuguese food is not suitable for vegans/vegetarians.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 4 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.