Double Shoshone Half-Day Raft Trip
At Defiance Rafting, we expect our guides and their passengers to display perfect paddling form when rafting through the Class III–IV Shoshone Rapids. When they do, which is mostly all the time, we reward their excellence by letting them raft it again. When they don't, we punish them by making them redo it, which, oddly enough, they never seem too upset about.
per adult from
120 to 150 minutes
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Personal Flotation Device (PFD) aka, lifejacket
- Optional and complimentary use of wetsuits, river booties, and splash-jackets
- No additional fees and taxes
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off upon request with 24-hour notice.
What's excluded :
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
- Your experience starts by meeting at the Defiance boathouse in No Name, CO in beautiful Glenwood Canyon (which is just 2 miles east of the community of Glenwood Springs). There, we will gear you up, talk about the trip, and introduce you to your river pro. Then we'll shuttle up the canyon to Shoshone where we will put-in on the Colorado River. You'll find action right away as we navigate down the Class III Shoshone section.
You'll eddy out at Grizzly Creek, which is just below the Shoshone rapids, help your river pro load your raft and gear, and then we'll head back up to Shoshone for a second round of awesome! After a thrilling double-dose of whitewater, you will continue downriver for about an hour through beautiful Glenwood Canyon to Defiance HQ at No Name.
Class I–III (IV at higher water flows)
Trip Length: 2 to 2.5 hours (dependent on river flow)
Departs daily @ 4:00pm (June 15 - August 11) [Early and late-season departures twice daily @ 10:00am and 2:00pm]
Check-In is 45 minutes prior to departure
Requirements: Paddlers must weigh at least 50lbs to raft through the Shoshone rapids. Higher water levels typically occurring in late spring and early summer require that a participant be able to self-rescue in the event they fall out of the raft.
Departure Point :Defiance Rafting Company, 1308 Co Rd 129, Glenwood Springs, CO 81601, USA
Traveler pickup is offered
Defiance offers complimentary shuttling from hotels and vacation rentals within Glenwood Springs.
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- Wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Refunds will not be issued if tour/activity is missed due to late or non-arrival. Please arrive 45 minutes prior to trip departure.
- 24-hour cancelation policy (outside = full refund; inside = partial refund up to 50%)
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 24 travelers
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- At Defiance, we try not to take ourselves too seriously. But when it comes to what we do – well, we do. That includes looking after the welfare of our guests and the responsibility of earning and maintaining your trust and confidence throughout your experience.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.