DOLCEACQUA & THE NERVIA VALLEY - The home of Rossese wine and Monet's beloved bridge
The Val Nervia is an absolute must-see place of the Riviera dei Fiori. It is one of the loveliest parts of Liguria’s hinterland.
This is the domain of one of the finest Italian wines, and one of Italy’s best kept secrets, which is gaining popularity and is in great demand worldwide. Rossese di Dolceacqua or Dolceacqua, a favourite of Napoleon’s.
Dolceacqua is the ancient village dominated by the imposing ruin of the Castello dei Doria which towers over the old town on the left bank of the river. Its name means “sweet water”. A single-arched 15th-century bridge spans 33m across the river and leads to the old town.
The Impressionist painter Claude Monet immortalized on canvas. “The place is superb, there is a bridge that is a jewel of lightness”, he wrote in his diary.
Meeting point: in front of the main entrance of the Sanremo Casino.
per adult from
What's included :
- transfer by minivan or car (shared tour)
- Guided tour of the Medieval village, led by licensed tourist guide;
- Wine tasting.
- Alcoholic Beverages
- Entry/Admission - Castello dei Doria
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Via del Castello dei Doria, 18035 Dolceacqua Italy
You'll meet the guide in front of the Sanremo Casino main entrance. We'll drive along the amazing coastline and you'll enjoy the breathtaking landscape overlooking the crystalline blue sea. After leaving Sanremo we'll drive through Ospedaletti and Bordighera, two relaxing villages full of charm and Mediterranean vegetation. Then we continue our excursion and we reach the Nervia Valley. We stop in Dolceacqua and our licensed tourist guide will led you to discover this delightful medieval village, home of the most prized and famous red wines in Italy, Rossese di Dolceacqua, a favourite with Napoleon and Pope Julius III. Overlooked by the imposing ruins of the Castello dei Doria, the village spreads out on the slopes of the mountain. The artist Claude Monet, who loved this area, painted the castle and described the old bridge as a "jewel of lightness".
At the end of the tour we'll taste a glass of Rossese di Dolceacqua - it is a ruby red wine, and you'll discover the colors and the flavours of local Rossese grape.
Duration: 4 hours
Departure Point :Corso degli Inglesi, 18, 18038 Sanremo IM, Italy
Departure Time :9:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- USEFUL POINTS
- Please wear comfortable clothing and walking shoes.
- Our food tours & experiences run regardless of weather conditions – rain, hail or shine!
- The Italian Riviera is always sunny, but in case of rain bring an umbrella / raincoat as we will be outdoors for most of the tour.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult.
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults.
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- We are committed to keeping our guests, our staff, our tour guides, and our small business partners safe. We also want to do our part in supporting the precautionary measures that will help slow down the spread of the COVID-19 disease.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.