Doi Suthep National Park Beginner Downhill Bike Ride from Chiang Mai
Fantastic Introduction to MOUNTAIN BIKING. ALL TIME favorite scenic NATURE DOWNHILL RIDE in the Chiang Mai region. As you descent by bike from Doi Suthep National Park Summit at 1600m elevation to Lake Huay Tueng, Valley floor 370 m, the jeep track offers great views of the Mae Ping Valley, plantations and primary forest . With virtually no traffic on the trail , and our low impact approach, friendly Hmong Hill tribe people greet us on the way. MUST DO, Motivated Beginners welcome ! Hotel pickup/return, Lunch included.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Cross Country Front Suspension/hydraulic Disc Mountain Bike
- Safety gear: helmet, (Go Pro Ready) gloves, knee and elbow pads, daypack
- Driver/guide and 4WD vehicle
- Lunch at destination and 2 litre of water for the ride
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
What's excluded :
- National Park Entrance fee 200 THB
- Mandatory 500,000 baht Medical Insurance Fee 50 THB
- Personal expenses and gratuities
- The most scenic and popular Downhill Mountain Bike Ride in Chiang Mai kicks off with a transfer from your hotel and a comprehensive safety and bike fit-out briefing . Then you are all set to enjoy the 25 km ride, DOWN through the famous Doi Suthep National Park. You can ride at ease as this ride, as all of our mountain bike routes , is escorted by our professional mountain bike guides that are there to assist you as needed .
9.30am: You will be picked up from your hotel. After registrations are done at our down town Adventure Office, we embark on the 45 minute drive to the top of Doi Pui Mountain , just west of Chiang Mai. It is here, at the summit of the Doi Suthep National Park (1600m) we take in the safety briefing and a short test ride to get comfortable with the equipment.
Finally ready, we head off toward a Hill Top Coffee Plantation, along a small jeep track, if you are a beginner your guide will help you with your downhill riding techniques. Following our track covered by spectacularly large tree canopy , we enjoy the cooler temperatures arriving at our first resting point . Use of the facilities and a general regrouping of the riders , maybe a cup of local coffee we soak in the mountain air and views. Home to the friendly Hmong Hill Tribe People, we witness the rural living and farming in Northern Thailand’s mountains.
Setting off along the mountainous terrain, this route now requires your full attention, as the wild growth of the forest hugs the track. For the advanced riders, there are single tracks paralleling the moderately challenging jeep route where the advanced can take a little detour and get their technical single track fix. (The advanced riders know what I am talking about). Plenty of fantastic viewpoints for rest stops and lightly mixed terrain to challenge you, the ride continues down towards Lake Huay Tueng Tao, at the base of Doi Pui Mountain. The Lake is our favorite lunch spot and it is here you will enjoy a well-deserved meal, a cold drink and the local seasonal fruit. Many enjoy a swim in the lake, taking a glance back at the mountain that just gave you an awesome 3++ hour mountain bike descent adventure. Now its time to make a move and head back to Chiang Mai, the lazy way, by truck. We should have you back at your hotel around 3:30 pm. Having said that, we get there when we get there , no one is EVER rushed down a mountain . Please alert us if you have a tight schedule so we can take steps to assure your timely arrival . Enjoy and see you soon .
Departure Point :Chiang Mai Hotels
Departure Time :9:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Not wheelchair accessible
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.