Doi Mae Salong and Mae Sai Explored
Doi Mae Salong and Mae Sai are essentials when in need to explore the Chiang Rai region in depth; destinations that live and breathe the authentic aspect of commerce and hospitality, dating back to the Lanna era and bring you beyond the Golden Triangle.
• Get amazing views from Doi Mae Salong
• Meet the various ethnic minorities in the Chiang Rai region
• Wander around Mae Sai, Thailand’s northernmost point
• Find yourself immersed on local trading grounds
• Lunch is included at a local restaurant
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- A full day private tour with a professional English-speaking guide.
- Transportation by private vehicle with professional driver.
- All applicable taxes and service charges
- Lunch at a local restaurant is included (food only)
- All entrance and donation fees for visits as mentioned in the description
- Entry/Admission - Doi Mae Salong
- Entry/Admission - Hilltribe Museum
- Entry/Admission - Fish Cave
- Entry/Admission - Mae Sai market
What's excluded :
- Tours, inclusions of any kind and other services that are not outlined in the tour description
- Personal expenses such as meals, drinks, tips and gratuities, shopping, portage fees and optional tours, unless otherwise stated
- Hotel accommodation in the destination of commencement.
- Any airline tickets, visa fees, additional transportation cost from and to the general meeting point
- Transfers To/from any airport or resorts located outside the general pick-up and drop-off locations
- Travel insurance coverage for customers (highly recommendable)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Doi Mae Salong, Chiang Rai Thailand
We will leave approximately at around 08:30 hrs from Chiang Rai and into the Doi Mae Salong area, home to the various hill tribes still calling this part of northern Thailand their home. It may sound that Doi Mae Salong is only a mountain region in the Chiang Rai province, but in fact it is a complete town with temples and churches, schools, factories and shops. The local eateries on Mae Salong are famous for the tasty Yunnan cuisine, prepared from farm fresh vegetables and livestock raised there. Besides seeing all this passing by,
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Hilltribe Museum, อาคารสมาคมพัฒนาประชากรและชุมชนจังหวัดเชียงราย Thanalai, Tambon Wiang, Amphoe Mueang Chiang Rai, Chang Wat Chiang Rai 57000, Thailand
Besides seeing all this passing by, your guide will bring you to one of the larger Akha, Yao and Lisu Hilltribe villages, explaining the differences in culture, origin and traditions. It is here where we too will enjoy a local lunch, freshly prepared at one of the leading restaurants in the area.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Fish Cave, Pong Ngam, Mae Sai 57130 Thailand
After lunch, we continue further northwards. Just before we reach Mae Sai, we stop at the Tham Pla, better known as the Fish Cave. Situated in the small town of Pong Ngam, an abundance of monkeys (Makaken) roam the region right here, hence this area is also often referred to as the Fish and Monkey Cave. An excellent stop to take a break after lunch presents itself here, where guests are offered the opportunity to feed the fish and enjoy this scenic spot before entering Mae Sai.
Duration: 1 hour 20 minutes
Pass By: The Thai - Burmese Border Gate, Mae Sai Thailand
The town is also the official border crossing with Thakhilek in Myanmar and the daily stream of Burmese trading their goods in Thailand is a sight to behold.
Stop At: Mae Sai market, Unnamed Road Tambon Wiang Phang Kham, Amphoe Mae Sai, Chang Wat Chiang Rai 57130, Thailand
The thriving market is a paradise for gem collectors, and wandering up and down the main street gives you an insight into the large variety available for sales, originating from Myanmar. In all corners along Mae Sai’s market, you will find various end products, cut, polished and ready to be sold to those interested in its value, shape and beauty.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We pick up from booked downtown hotel in Chiang Rai
Departure Time :8:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infants must sit on laps
- This tour is operated on full private basis with English-speaking guide.
- Transfers are only operated within the downtown Chiang Rai areas and restricted to main hotels only. Regions outside the central business district such as Fang, Thaton, Chiang Saen, Chiang Khong, Mae Sai, any surrounding mountain resort outside the Chiang Rai city borders and Chiang Rai International Airport are excluded and supplementary charges apply.
- This excursion includes obstacles of various kinds that may not make this excursion suitable for wheelchair users. The obstacles comprise of unpaved roads, small boats and cruise embarkation and disembarkation and insufficient facilities to provide a comfortable sightseeing tour.
- Guests are advised that some walking is required during this excursion; we always ensure that we take the most comfortable ways from the entrance of the sight to the sight itself.
- We always will make efforts to confirm the exact pick-up time upon reservation. For any operational issues in which are not able to confirm the exact pick-up time in advance, we reserve the right to inform you the day before the departure of the tour.
- Please note pickup and drop-off services may not be confirmed for customers staying at private residences, apartment complexes, or other non-registered tourism accommodations. Customers may be asked to meet at a nearby hotel for pick-up and drop off.
- Sand and water have a destructive effect on electronic equipment. It the customer’s own responsibility to ensure that any camera, mobile telephone or other device is properly wrapped and protected against these elements. We cannot be held responsible in any way for negligence and/or not following suggestions for any damage related to this.
- Please ensure that you bring sunglasses, a hat /cap and sunblock with a high SPF factor when traveling with us on this tour – even when it is cloudy, the sunrays still have an immense power.
- We reserve the right to make necessary changes to the excursion in case of unfavourable weather conditions or situations where we are forced to make alterations to guarantee the safety of our guests.
- It is the responsibility of the customer to provide us with the correct hotel information, should pick-up and drop-off services be included in the package. Any changes in accommodation outside 24 hours will be handled accordingly: changes within 24 hours may be on request.
- During this full-day tour, due to time constraints, it is not possible to include a trip into Thakhilek, Myanmar.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.