DMZ Bus Phong Nha - Vinh Moc Tunnel - Hue
Vinh Moc (Vịnh Mốc) is a tunnel complex in Quang Tri, Vietnam ,built to shelter people from the intense bombing of Son Trung and Son Ha communes in Vinh Linh County of Quang Tri Province in the Vietnamese Demilitarized Zone . The villagers initially dug the tunnels to move their village 10 meters underground but the American forces designed bombs that burrowed down 10 metres. Eventually against these odds , the villagers moved the village to a depth of 30 metres . It was constructed in several stages , beginning in 1966 , and used until early 1972.The complex grew to include wells, kitchens, rooms for each family and spaces for healthcare . Around 60 families lived in the tunnels; as many as 17 children were born inside the tunnels. The tunnels were deemed a success and only a few villagers lost their lives.
per adult from
15 to 90 minutes
What's included :
- bottled water
What's excluded :
Route Duration: 1 hourStops on the Phong Nha:
Attractions on the Phong Nha:
- Vịnh Mốc
Vinh Moc Tunnel
Operates: The bus will pick you up at your hotel at around 6:45 AM.
Vinh Moc Tunnel
Route Duration: 1 hour 30 minutesStops on the Vinh Moc Tunnel:
Attractions on the Vinh Moc Tunnel:
- Vịnh Mốc
Operates: You will visit the tunnel in 90 minutes
Ben Hai - Hien Luong Bridge
Route Duration: 20 minutesStops on the Ben Hai - Hien Luong Bridge:
Attractions on the Ben Hai - Hien Luong Bridge:
- Bến Hải River
Operates: After visiting the Tunnel, the bus will stop at Ben Hai river. You will visit the museum and the Hien Luong Bridger with order border of South and Norh Vietnam before 1975.
Route Duration: 15 minutesStops on the Hue City:
Attractions on the Hue City:
- Phuoc An DMZ Hotel
Operates: You will arriver in Hue at around 13-13:30 The bus will take you into the Center and Drop you off at the office.
Departure Point :You may start this tour at any of the stops listed.
Departure Time :6:30 AM
Return Detail :You may disembark at any of the available stops.
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 14 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.