Discovering Tile and Wine: South Lisbon
Discover the Portuguese tradition of tile, through a unique visit in Lisbon, where you will have the opportunity to visit the ConstânciaAzul house, with years of tile tradition and put your hands in the mass and make your own tile, using one of the techniques azulejares ancient ancestors.
It is time to cross the 25 de Abril Bridge and enjoy a visit to the Quinta and Palácio da Bacalhôa, Wines of Portugal, in Azeitão, where you can not only be dazzled by the view of the Serra da Arrábida as well as visit the azulejar art collection , to accompany the wine production of one of the most prestigious houses in Portugal and to taste some of the best wines of the region of Setúbal, South of Lisbon.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- All Posts
- Realization of the tile
- Tile Offer
- Wine tasting
- Bottled water
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Alfama, Lisbon Portugal
Our tour of the tiles is unique in Portugal. Initially a small pedestrian walk through the streets of Alfama, looking carefully at the tile heritage present there.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Museu Nacional do Azulejo, Rua Madre de Deus 4, Lisbon 1900-312 Portugal
We continue to the National Tile Museum, not only to deepen knowledge, but also to visit a historical space, such as the former convent of Mother God.
Now is the time to put into practice what you have come to know. The ceramics workshop ConstânciaAzul will serve as a laboratory. We will visit this workshop with years of tile tradition, responsible for works that are observable throughout the city of Lisbon. The professionals of the atelier will accompany the whole visit, demonstrating the day-to-day work of this space, making known all the productive stages, from the reception of the raw material, to the packing of the work. Finishing then, with the experience of making your own tile, using one of the ancestral techniques tiles in our territory
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: Bacalhoa Palace and Estate, Estrada Nacional 10, Vila Nogueira de Azeitao 2925-710 Portugal
Following the activities carried out in the morning, we suggest, after the lunch break, that the theme be continued, adding the detail - the wines. This blend results in the visit to Quinta and Bacalhoa Palace, in olive. Here you can not only get to know an important collection of azulejar art divided by different artistic currents and times, but also to perceive and follow the wine production of one of the most prestigious houses in Portugal.
Duration: 4 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Hotels, lodgings that stay within the city of Lisbon and Almada.Departure at 9HReturn around 6:00 p.m.
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Baby and child seats on request
- The national tile museum closes on Mondays, however it is possible to substitute another museum
- To Sunday the Palace of the Bacalhoa is closed, only functioning the cellar
- We advise to do this tour between Tuesday and Friday
- The price of children (under 6 years) does not include the realization of the Azulejo
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.