Discovering Siena and the Cathedral
A two hours enchanting walk, discovering Siena most beloved places. The guide will accompany you through the streets of the city and inside the magnificent Cathedral. The tour begins in front of the Basilica of San Domenico, where the relics of St. Catherine are kept, then continues towards the Sanctuary of the saint. Passing through the characteristic streets, we will arrive at the famous Piazza del Campo, the main square of Siena, where the famous horse race, the Palio, takes place twice a year. The the town hall stands in this square, the center of Sienese politics, which also houses the important city museum. We will admire Fonte Gaia (Joyfull Fountain) and listen to funny anecdotes about the mysterious river called "Diana". The tour continues towards the Cathedral square, we will enter inside the Siena Cathedral to see the unique floor and other works of incomparable value by Donatello, Bernini and Michelangelo.
per adult from
What's included :
- 2 hours private guided tour, with an expert local guide
- discover the artistic and architectural beauties of Siena
- admire Siena from charming panoramic viewpoints
- discover Siena's history, tradition and anecdotes
- visit the wonderful Siena Cathedral
What's excluded :
- entrance ticket for Siena Cathedral (from 5 euros)
- Entry/Admission - Duomo di Siena
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Basilica Cateriniana Di S. Domenico, Piazza San Domenico, 53100, Siena Italy
The tour begins in front of the Basilica of San Domenico. From here you will admire a charming view of the city. Inside the chuch are kept the relics of St. Catherine of Siena.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Chiesa del Santuario di Santa Caterina, Costa di S.Antonio, Siena Italy
The tour continues towards the Sanctuary of the saint, where she lived with her family. The guide will tell you the story of the girl that changed not only Siena but all Europe and church history. A mystic women, married to the Lord, that managed to transform our world forever.
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: Palazzo Salimbeni, Piazza Salimbeni 3, 53100, Siena Italy
In this wonderful square, you will admire charming palaces which were from important Sienese families of bankers and merchants.
In fact, the Salimbeni palace is today the seat of the most ancient bank of the world, Monte dei Paschi di Siena.
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: Palazzo Tolomei, Piazza Tolomei 11, 53100, Siena Italy
The Tolomei palace is situated in Tolomei square, which was during the Middle Ages the most important square of the city. Here you will see the enchanting palace and learn about the fatally cruel story of Pia dei Tolomei, that still bears the rhymes Dante dedicated to her in his Divine Comedy.
In this square you will see a column with a she-wolf. Learn how and why Siena is closely tied with Rome, with its flag black and white, and the mythological origin of the horse race, still nowadays going on, the Palio.
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: Piazza del Campo, 53100, Siena Italy
Passing through the characteristic streets, we will arrive at the famous Piazza del Campo, the main square of Siena, where the well-known Palio takes place twice a year. Here there is the Palazzo Pubblico, the town hall, the centre of Sienese politics, which also houses the most important city museum, the Civic Museum. In Piazza del Campo, we will also admire Fonte Gaia, a beautiful fountain by Jacopo della Quercia and listen to funny anecdotes about the mysterious river called "Diana".
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Duomo di Siena, Piazza del Duomo 8, 53100, Siena Italy
The tour of the city continues towards the Cathedral, the large museum complex that contains the Crypt, Baptistery and Opera Museum. On the opposite site of the Cathedral is the Santa Maria della Scala, the ancient medieval hospital that is today one of the most important museums in Siena. We will enter inside the Cathedral to see the wonderful and unique floor and other works of incomparable value by Donatello, Bernini and Michelangelo. The tour ends inside the Cathedral.
Our guide will be happy to make you fall in love with Siena and transmit you all our passion for traditions so still strongly rooted.
Duration: 40 minutes
Departure Point :Piazza San Domenico, Piazza S. Domenico, 53100 Siena SI, Italy
Departure Time :Suppliers and travelers coordinate start times within the given time periods. 6/1/2020 - 3/31/2021
6/1/2021 - 3/31/2022
Monday: 10:30 AM - 03:00 PM Tuesday: 10:30 AM - 03:00 PM Wednesday: 10:30 AM - 03:00 PM Thursday: 10:30 AM - 03:00 PM Friday: 10:30 AM - 03:00 PM Saturday: 10:30 AM - 03:00 PM Sunday: 01:00 PM - 03:00 PM Monday: 10:30 AM - 03:00 PM Tuesday: 10:30 AM - 03:00 PM Wednesday: 10:30 AM - 03:00 PM Thursday: 10:30 AM - 03:00 PM Friday: 10:30 AM - 03:00 PM Saturday: 10:30 AM - 03:00 PM Sunday: 01:00 PM - 03:00 PM
Return Detail :Piazza del Duomo, 53100 Siena SI, Italy
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- participants will walk medium distances
- wear comfortable shoes and be ready for changing weather conditions
- in case of wheelchairs and pushchairs please let us know before so that we can organize the tour in the best possible way
- due to force majeure or closure of museums or churches, we reserve the right to change the itinerary, subject to prior notice
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.