Discovering Budapest: Explore the city's hot pools and heroes on an audio tour
Budapest is a city with a glorious and turbulent past. Join me on this self-guided audio tour as we uncover the true Budapest. We begin our tour at the historical Heroes' Square, and meet some of the heroes of Hungarian history. We’ll take a walk through the lush greenery of City Park, before ending with a dip in Hungary’s most famous thermal spa, Szechenyi Bath. Whether it’s your first time in my beautiful city, or you know it well, you’ll surely discover a new and unique side to Budapest.
Find out about
• The origins of the Magyar language
• The fierce and unflinching horse archers of the plains
• Medieval witch hunts
• A fake castle at the heart of the city
• The faceless scribe of Hungarian history
• Why church bells toll worldwide every day at noon.
• Why Budapest is the capital of thermal spas
Don’t forget your swimsuit if you plan on soaking in the calming hot pools of Szechenyi Bath. The entrance fee to the bath is not included in the tour.
per adult from
35 to 50 minutes
What's included :
- Lifetime access to this tour in English
- VoiceMap App for Android and iOS
- Offline access to audio, maps, and geodata
What's excluded :
- Tickets or entrance fees to any museums or other attractions en route
- Smartphone and headphones
- Food and drink
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Heroes' Square, Andrassy Avenue Next to City Park in the VI. District, Budapest 1062 Hungary
The tour passes through Heroes' Square.
Pass By: Millennium Monument, Budapest, Hősök tere, 1146 Hungary
The tour passes by the Millennium Monument.
Pass By: Gatehouse Tower, Budapest, Vajdahunyad stny., 1146 Hungary
The tour passes through the Gatehouse Tower.
Pass By: Vajdahunyad Castle (Vajdahunyadvar), Vajdahunyad var Varosliget, Budapest 1146 Hungary
The tour passes the Vajdahunyad Castle.
Pass By: Szechenyi Baths and Pool, Allatkerti korut 9-11., Budapest 1146 Hungary
The tour ends at the Széchenyi Thermal Bath.
Departure Point :Heroes' Square, Budapest, Hősök tere, 1146 Hungary
Departure Time :Suppliers and travelers coordinate start times within the given time periods. 7/14/2020 - 10/20/2021
Monday - Sunday: 12:00 AM - 11:59 PM
Return Detail :Széchenyi Thermal Bath, Budapest, Állatkerti krt. 9-11, 1146 Hungary
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- All of VoiceMap's audio tours are self-guided and users must bring their own smartphone and headphones to take the tour. We urge all our users to wear facemasks and carry hand sanitizer with them to ensure they're own protection and the protection of others.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.