Discover Waikiki. Guided 1hr45m Signature Hoverboard Tour
Glide effortlessly around paradise on an all-terrain self-balancing electric hoverboard! The 1-hour 45-minute, fun and highly informative signature tour showcases the beauty, history, and unique culture of Hawaii.
Take control of a hoverboard through the sand, grass, and sidewalks of Waikiki, while being wirelessly connected to an expert guide for commentary and music along the entire ride.
Hover through the historic Kapiolani Park, glide past charming cottages and multi-million dollar estates of the Gold Coast, stop at little known secluded beach parks, coast under palm tree groves on a sandy path by Kaimana Beach, roll through century-old banyan trees, uniquely capture photos of yourself with the beautiful backdrops, and take in the highlights in style!
This exciting guided hoverboard tour of Waikiki even includes some professionally edited souvenir digital photos of tour, and audio headset use for music and guide narration along the entire ride!
per adult from
1 hour 45 minutes
What's included :
- All-terrain electric hoverboard use and training.
- Expert guide for small group tour.
- Wireless one ear audio system to connect to guide and music during tour.
- Some souvenir digital photos.
- Helmet use. Contact us in advance for extra small or large requirements.
- Small pouch in front of hoverboard to hold small items (wallet, camera, phone, etc)
What's excluded :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Hawaii Hoverboarding Tours, 151 Kapahulu Ave, Honolulu, Oahu, HI 96815-4011
Your 1-hour 45 minute hoverboarding adventure starts when you make your way to the front of the Honolulu Zoo in Waikiki and meet your local guide. After safety instructions and a little practice, your hoverboard will become an extension of you to effortlessly explore the island on. Pop in your wireless one-ear audio receiver to hear from your expert guide and listen to nostalgic Hawaiian music as you hover through Waikiki.
Since you'll start at Kapiolani Park, you'll first learn to recognize some of the most popular island trees such as exceptional Indian Banyan, Rainbow Shower, Monkeypod, Ironwood, Plumeria, Coconut Palm, and more. We take in the impressive ocean views while learning about ancient Hawaiian and modern surfing on Oahu, known as the 'birthplace of surfing'.
Listen to beautiful examples of uniquely Hawaiian instruments such as the slack key guitar and ukulele as we explore the bandstand, then take a profile pic worthy photo at Diamond Heads most photogenic location. Hear about the island's volcanic birth, and learn how the fire Goddess Pele created it all! Stop at a little known prior human sacrificial temple location and learn about Hawaii's ancient Gods, Kings, Queens, and priestly Kahuna.
See if you can spot Hawaii’s state fish, the distinct Humuhumunukunukuapaa, from shore and find out where you’re most likely to see up to 300-pound sea turtles on the North Shore. Peek inside the Waikiki neoclassical War Memorial and Natatorium, then glide over the sand along a palm tree-lined walkway to a local favorite Kaimana San Souci Beach. Take in the charming historic cottages and multi-million dollar mansions in the Gold Coast while learning about the architecture and real estate development of Hawaii. You'll stop at a secret beach and we'll point out nearly hidden bunkers from Diamond Head's military history.
Heading back, we'll listen to nostalgic tiki pop culture comedy songs, ride through an Indian banyan that is over a century old, and learn about Hawaii's first and last king's. Try to guess Hawaii filmed movies and TV shows from their soundtracks while riding under a canopy of exceptional monkeypod trees.
Your island adventure concludes by enjoying the breathtaking beachfront views hovering back to our start location and listening to famous Hawaiian music, even a song composed in 1874 by the very last Hawaiian Monarch, Queen Liliuokalani!
Duration: 1 hour 45 minutes
Departure Point :151 Kapahulu Ave, Honolulu, HI 96815, USA
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- What to bring?
- Comfortable shoes. Flip flops ok, but since you'll stand a lot, sneakers are better.
- Small water, if desired (maximum size able to fit unit pouch is a 16.9oz/500ml bottle).
- Parent/ guardian to sign waiver if under 18 years old. (Must be at least 16).
- Small items (wallet, phone, camera, etc) that can fit in a small pouch on front of unit (not big enough for purse). No lockers at start so you'll need to carry anything you bring that won't fit in pouch. Pack light.
- At least 16 years old per Honolulu city law.
- Not pregnant or under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
- All participants must sign a liability release waiver. If a minor, guardian must sign.
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.