Discover the Highlights of Gijon by Bike
This tour enables you to discover all of Gijon's highlights in one day! You visit Spain's largest building Laboral, the fantastic Botanical Gardens and the old fishing quarter Cimadevilla. This makes the tour a perfect combination of history, architecture and nature.
We move between these highlights by bike (around 10 k in total) and explore the Botanical Garden and Cimadevilla on foot (around 5 k in total). Gijon is a great city to be discovered by bike: this tour makes you experience Gijon as a local!
per adult from
What's included :
- Snacks - Your guide will provide some local snacks throughout the day
- Alcoholic Beverages - Glass of cider is served at the end of the tour
- Use of bicycle
- Entry/Admission - Laboral Ciudad de la Cultura
- Entry/Admission - Jardin Botanico Atlantico
What's excluded :
- Lunch - You can bring your own lunch that we will eat in the Botanical Gardens.
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Playa de San Lorenzo, Gijon Spain
We'll first pass by Gijon's largest beach where you can find surfers all year round.
Stop At: Monumento a la Madre del emigrante, Paseo del Rinconin, Gijon Spain
This statue is a touching monument representing all mothers saying goodbye (and often farewell) to their children emigrating to the Americas in the early 20th century. Your guide gives more background information about this important period of Asturian history.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Estadio El Molinon, Calle, Luis Adaro Ruiz Falco, 33203, Gijon Spain
Your guide tells you about the history of Real Sporting de Gijon and its current position and place in Asturias' culture.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Carbayera de El Tragamón, Asturias, Spain
Your guide will guide you through this ancient and unique oak grove with oaks between 250 and 500 years old.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Laboral Ciudad de la Cultura, Calle de Luis Moya Blanco 261, 33203, Gijon Spain
You will join a guided visit through the impressive building of La Laboral; Spain's tallest stone building. The guided visit brings you to the Plaza, Gardens, Theatre, Paintings Hall, Old Kitchens and LABoral Art Centre. During the tour, you learn everything about the history of the building, its architecture and its use throughout history.
Duration: 1 hour 15 minutes
Stop At: Jardin Botanico Atlantico, Avenida Jardin Botanico 2230, 33203, Gijon Spain
This 25 ha Botanical Jardin is a great place to spend the afternoon. Your guide takes you on a journey to discover the flora and fauna of Cantabria, learn about medicinal plants and visit a typical Asturian country estate. We also visit the labyrinth, where you can only find your way out with a good knowledge of Asturias!
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Barrio de Cimadevilla, Gijon Spain
We end the day in Gijon's most vibrant district: Cimadevilla. It has a great history, ranging from Roman times, medieval conflicts, the development of the port to the beginnings of industrialization. We park our bikes on the foot of Cimadevilla and explore the area on foot. We end the tour with a well-deserved cider in one of the local bars.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Calle de la Merced, 33201 Gijón, Asturias, Spain
Departure Time :10:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.