Discover the Ancient Ruins of Pompeii: Day Trip from Rome
Combine a trip to Naples with a tour of Pompeii’s ruins on a full-day excursion from Rome! From the comfort of your coach, see the sights of Naples, admiring the Royal Palace, Castel dell’Ovo, Piazza del Plebiscito and more. Hear tales of Bourbon kings who once ruled the city, and then travel inland to visit Pompeii. Stop for lunch and then tour the UNESCO-listed ruins, seeing incredible monuments that lay undiscovered for centuries.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Local guide
- Transport by air-conditioned coach (maximum 50 people)
- Hotel pick-up (only for certain hotels located in central Rome - to be reconfirmed by the supplier after booking)
- Entry/Admission - Pompeii Archaeological Park
What's excluded :
- Hotel drop-off
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Piazza del Plebiscito, Piazza Del Plebiscito, Naples Italy
Piazza del Plebiscito, is a stunning plaza situated in the central area of the city , the historical area of Naples, it already existed around 1543, it is one of the larger square in italy ,
Stop At: Pompeii Archaeological Park, Porta Marina (via Villa dei Misteri), 80045 Pompeii Italy
Pompeii , preserved ancient Roman city in Campania , at the base of Mount Vesuvio, it was destroyed by the violent eruption of Mount Vesuvius in 79ce. Their remains are the proof of the Greco Roman Life;
some of the most important sites : The Villa dei Misteri, Temple of Apollo, House of the Fauno..
Duration: 2 hours
Pass By: Castel dell'Ovo, Via Eldorado 3 L'accesso al castello è gratuito. L'orario indicato è quello estivo., 80132, Naples Italy
castel dell'Ovo is a seaside castle in Naples, is the oldest standing fortification in Naples,
the castle's name comes from a legend about the roman poet Virgil , who had a reputation of a great predictor of the future. in the legend Virgil put a magical egg into the foundations to support the fortifications.
Pass By: Galleria Umberto I, Via San Carlo, Naples Italy
Galleria Umberto is a Commercial Gallery built in Naples during the 1887 and 1890, it was dedicated to Umberto I of Italy, as a tribute to the king and in memory of his generous presence during the cholera epidemic of 1884 , which showed the need of rehabilitation of the city.
Pass By: Santa Lucia, Naples Italy
the little harbour of Santa Lucia has lost none of its charm and is home to a marina and a host of welcoming bars. from the harbour there is a superb view of Vesuvius and the western shore of the gulf.
Departure Point :Via Giovanni Amendola, 32, 00185 Roma RM, Italy
Traveler pickup is offered
no b&b or private apartments, the Pick up will have to be confirmed at least 24 hours before the tour departure , please contact our agency.
Departure Time :7:15 AM
Return Detail :Via Giovanni Amendola, 32, 00185 Roma RM, Italy
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Please note: This is a Multilingual Tour
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 25 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.