Discover Sigiriya and Hiriwadunna Village (Private Day Trip From Colombo)
During this full day tour to Sigiriya, you will visit a renowned UNESCO World Heritage Site! Enter into a kingdom hailed as one of the greatest in Sri Lanka’s history. Start your journey at the Sigiriya Rock Fortress also known to be the world’s 8th wonder, and spend time exploring archaeological history. Later, visit Hiriwaduna Village and enjoy the traditional way of living in Sri Lanka and village culture.
per adult from
12 to 15 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Private Air Conditioned Vehicle with an English speaking chauffeur guide.
- Fuel and Local assurance for the vehicle included.
- Village Tour with Traditional village lunch (if option selected)
- Local taxes
- Bottled water
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- All parking and highway charge where applicable.
- The Chauffeur will look after his meals by himself.
- Entry/Admission - Sigiriya The Ancient Rock Fortress
What's excluded :
- The personal spending (Tips, Laundry, Mini Bar, Telephone, Internet, Fax etc)
- Medical Expenses, Insurance, International Flights and Accommodation
- Excess luggage charges (where applicable)
- Alcoholic drinks
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Souvenir photos
- Any other services not specified above
- Expenses of the excursions and sight seen not mentioned above
- you will be starting your tour at 0630 hrs from your hotel in Colombo, where you will be picked up by your chauffeur. Ensure that you bring a packed breakfast with you if you are unable to have your meal at the hotel.
The first stop on your itinerary will be the Sigiriya Rock Fortress which you will reach approximately 1030 hrs. (Travel Time 3 ½ to 4 hrs)
Climb the 5th century AD rock fortress, Sigiriya, where the King Kasyapa ruled. Walk through the entrance framed by the paws of a lion that is quite appropriate for its name, ' the Lion Rock'. View the beautiful unfading murals that brought Sigiriya its fame. Climb the steep staircase to see the terraced gardens and still-working cisterns. Walk through the tunnels leading to the palace as you get a feel for times long past.
Thereafter proceed to Sigiriya at approximately 1330 hrs to experience a village tour. (Travel Time 20 to 30 mins)
The trek begins with an awesome walk along a bund of a “Wewa” or man-made reservoir. Thereafter you will enjoy a Bullock Cart Ride while enjoying sightseeing of the rural village life. Your next phase of adventure will be a “Catamaran Safari” at the scenic lake.
Finally, enjoy Traditional Lunch at a local house prepared by the village women This is arranged on a typical & traditional Buffet style (Clay pots – buffet) served on a Lotus leaf and a cane thatched flat holder. You will also have the opportunity to witness the traditional meal preparation methods by the local women and to partake on the preparation of a curry.
Later that evening you will be finishing the tour at 1800 hrs and returning to your hotel in Colombo.(Travel time approximately 04 Hours) En-route you may stop at restaurant for the dinner (At your own cost).
After dinner you would transfer to the hotel in Colombo.
Departure Point :Hotel pickup and drop-off by an air conditioned vehicle in Colombo
Departure Time :
Departure 06.00 AM to 06.30 AM
Return Detail :Return to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Additional info
- Infant seats are available on request if advised at time of booking, however, Infant meals not included
- Children must be accompanied by an adult.
- A significant amount of walking is involved
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Not recommended for participants with back problems, heart complaints or other serious medical conditions & pregnant women
- The duration of transfers are approximate, the exact duration will depend on the time of day and traffic conditions
- Each traveller is allowed a maximum of 1 suitcase and 1 carry-on bag. Oversized or excessive luggage (e.g. surfboards, golf clubs or bikes) may have certain restrictions, please inquire with the operator prior to travel to confirm if your excess luggage is acceptable
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.