Discover Oslo in Amazing City Walk
A long time ago, in a city far, far away (okay, maybe just a short walk away)... there was a town, proudly established by the mighty Vikings, called Oslo. People were blond, they ate nothing but salmon and sang from the fjord tops... okay, maybe there were other things too.
per adult from
What's included :
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Oslo, Oslo, Eastern Norway
A long time ago, in a city far, far away (okay, maybe just a short walk away)... there was a town, proudly established by the mighty Vikings, called Oslo. People were blond, they ate nothing but salmon and sang from the fjord tops... okay, maybe there were other things too. Fast-forward to the 1600s. A fire breaks out, sweeping through most of the city. Fast-forward again, this time to the 2000s. What was once the city-centre of Oslo is now Gamle Oslo, or “Old Oslo.” The city has been moved, and you find yourself standing outside the Nobel Peace Center, watching the boats come in and out of the harbour.
On our Oslo City Walk, we’ll hop from one place to the next, and while you get your bearings, we’ll give meaning to the places we grace with our presence. We’ll galavant along the main pedestrian street, Karl Johans Gate, just like Norwegians do on May 17th (Constitution Day); we’ll give a salute to the great Norwegian playwrights at the National Theatre; and admire the strength and might of the fortifications at Akershus Fortress (and also the fantastic view!). What else comes to mind when you think of Oslo? We’ll probably cover that too.
We hit the sweet spots of Oslo on our Oslo City Walk, as the excitement crescendos to reveal the grand finale: the view of the Oslo Opera House. Appearing to majestically rise out of the fjord, the Opera House leads the way in an age of exciting new architecture. New buildings are popping up like autumn mushrooms, and creativity is booming in the city, from urban farming to the visual arts. Oslo is flourishing – you can feel the buzz of excitement in the air. It’s THE place you want to be. Unless you want to be at the top of the Opera House of course – if so, you’re free to go!
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Brynjulf Bulls plass, Oslo, Norway
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.