Discover Macondo - Private tour to Aracataca, Gabriel Garcia Marquez Hometown
Discover Aracataca, Gabo's hometown, a lovely and traditional village that inspired him to create the fictional and magical town of Macondo (Buendia family home town), mentioned and used as location for several of his novels and short stories. Understand the imaginary of Colombia's greatest man in literature, follow his steps and live a cultural immersion in a real Colombian Caribbean town.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Bottled water - One bottled water per person
- Private transportation
- Professional guide
What's excluded :
- Food (breakfast, lunch or dinner)
- Driver tip (optional)
- Guide tip (optional)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Estación del ferrocarril, Cl 3A ##157, Aracataca, Magdalena, Colombia
Aracataca's old train station inspired Gabo and played a huge role in 100 years of solitude since it was the way Macondians were introduced to the new inventions, breakthroughs, and people who placed in Macondo all of their hopes to live a "brighter" future.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Casa Museo Gabriel Garcia Marquez, Carrera 5 6 35, Aracataca 472001 Colombia
Once you read Gabo and immerse into his magical stories, we sometimes wonder, where did he get all of his inspiration? In order to understand him better, it is worth to follow his steps, walking the same streets, and visiting this museum that gathers important information about his life and achievements.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Casa del Telegrafista, centro de Aracataca, Aracataca Colombia
We will also visit the Casa del Telegrafista, a place that inspired Gabo to write his heartbreaking story "Love in the Time of Cholera". Here you will be able to buy souvenirs and Gabo's books.
Duration: 15 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We pick our clients at any hotel in Santa Marta, Rodadero, Pozos Colorados and Bello Horizonte.
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infant seats available
- Stroller accessible
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.