Discover Luxor with Half-Day Tours to East and West Luxor Over 2 Days
Explore the major sights in the ancient Egyptian city of Luxor with two private half-day tours that take place over two consecutive days. Attractions include the Colossi of Memnon, Valley of the Kings, and Temple of Hatshepsut on the west bank of the Nile River, and Karnack Temple and Luxor Temple on the east bank. Accommodation not included.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Fuel surcharge
- Bottled water (each day)
- Qualified Egyptologist guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Private tour
- Transport by private air-conditioned coach
What's excluded :
- Day 1:
After morning pickup from your Luxor hotel or the cruise ship dock, travel in a private air-conditioned vehicle to your first destination, the Valley of the Kings. Serving as the royal burial grounds for the New Kingdom pharaohs, the valley’s rocky mountainside contains more than 60 tombs, the most famous one belonging to King Tutankhamun. Next, travel to the Temple of Hatshepsut, built for one of the few female pharaohs of ancient Egypt. The cool interior features well-preserved hieroglyphics and wall reliefs, with exceptional scenes showing her expedition to Somalia. Returning to Luxor have time for a brief photo stop at the Colossi of Memnon, which mark the remains of the funerary temple of Amenhotep III. At the end of your half-day tour, you will be driven back to your hotel or cruise ship.
Today’s tour starts with a visit to the Temples of Karnack, the largest temple complex in the world at more than 245 acres (100 hectares), and the most sacred of ancient Egypt. As you enter the temples, your guide points out the legacy that different pharaohs left as the complex grew. The oldest ruins date back more than 3,000 years. Stop at the Great Hypostyle Hall, which has 134 columns towering over the massive space. At the rear of the complex lies the sacred lake, where centuries ago, pharaohs and their offerings to the gods were purified. Your tour ends with drop-off at your starting point.
Departure Point :Luxor hotels or cruise ship dock
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- At time of booking, Cruise ship passengers must provide the following information at time of booking: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time
- The duration of transfers are approximate, the exact duration will depend on the time of day and traffic conditions
- Passport name, number, expiry and country is required at time of booking for all participants
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.