Discover Kantha Stitch Painting In Kolkata With Lunch
On this half-day tour in Kolkata, discover the beautiful Kantha embroidery of the state of West Bengal. Visit the campus of Self Help Enterprise (SHE), a non-profit organisation that was created 25 years ago to preserve and promote this traditional craft of India. Today the organization provides women with training and support to produce exquisite Kantha pieces that are sold worldwide.
• Visit to Self Help Enterprise (SHE)
• Watch women engaged in Kantha embroidery
• Exquisite pieces of Kantha, or stitch painting
per adult from
4 to 5 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Transport by private air-conditioned vehicle
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Local English speaking guide
- Lunch (beverage excluded)
- 02 bottles of mineral water per person
What's excluded :
- Food or drink, unless specified
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Kolkata (Calcutta), Kolkata (Calcutta), Kolkata District, West Bengal
You will be picked up from your hotel and driven to the campus of Self Help Enterprise (SHE).
Watch the women of Kolkata as they make exquisite pieces of Kantha embroidery. This is perhaps the oldest form of embroidery in India that dates back to the 1st century A.D. Starting as a piece of needlework to make something useful out of old clothes, this craft has been elevated to an exquisite form of art today. The tastefully created pieces of Kantha embroidery are much sought.
Explore and experience the Art of Kantha or "stitch painting" in the City of Joy on this half-day tour and see how successfully this almost extinct art form has been revived and is acclaimed world over as a fashion statement. The proceeds from the sale of Kantha pieces here are put back for the welfare of the women who are engaged in this art.
At the end of the visit take lunch (beverage excluded) at a local restaurant.
After lunch you will be driven back to your hotel.
Duration: 4 hours
Departure Point :Kolkata (Calcutta), Kolkata (Calcutta), Kolkata District, West Bengal
Traveler pickup is offered
We may pick up travelers from city center hotels / fixed point wiithin city limits. In case pick up is outside central points extra cost shall applicable subject to distance applicable.Airports
- Netaji Subhas Chandra Airport, Kolkata (Calcutta) India
Departure Time :10:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for pregnant women and people with back problems.
- Children under 15 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Self Help Enterprise is closed on Sundays.
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.