Discover Kandy -Spice Garden visit Tea Factory and Kandy city tour (Vehicle Only Private Day Trip From Colombo)
• Your full-day tour will take you to most popular destinations including the Spice Garden in Mawanalla, Tooth Relic Temple, Tea Factory in Giragama, Upper Lake Drive and the Gem Museum.
• Pick up from Colombo hotel and transfer to Spice Garden in Mawanella – 02 1/2 hours drive approximately
• Afterward, visit Tea Factory in Giragama.
• Visit Temple of the Tooth Relic in Kandy where Lord Buddha’s sacred tooth relic calls home. Kandy Temple of Tooth Relic is most sacred and venerated temple in Sri Lanka and is a must when visiting Sri Lanka and Market Square, Upper Lake Drive, the Gem museum
• Transfer to Colombo – Approximately 03 hours drive
per adult from
12 to 15 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Private vehicle Air Conditioned Vehicle with English speaking chauffeur.
- Fuel and Local assurance for the vehicle included
- All parking and highway charge where applicable
- Local taxes
- Bottled water
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- The Chauffeur will look after his meals by himself.
- Fuel surcharge
What's excluded :
- The personal spending (Tips, Laundry, Mini Bar, Telephone, Internet, Fax etc)
- Medical Expenses, Insurance, International Flights and Accommodation
- Entrance fees for the visits.
- Excess luggage charges (where applicable)
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Meals and drinks, unless specified
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
- Any other services not specified above
- Expenses of the excursions and sight seen not mentioned above
- You will be picked up around 6am from your hotel in Colombo and then proceed to Kandy Ensure that you bring a packed breakfast with you if you are unable to have your meal at the hotel., en route visit Spice Garden in Mawanella and a Tea Factory in Giragama. En-route, stop-over at the Ayurvedic Herbal Spice Garden to learn more about the root of Ayurvedic medicine. You will sample scents and flavors such as cinnamon, ginger, pepper, vanilla and cardamom.
Afterwards proceed to Giragama, you will visit a tea plantation 1,673 feet (510 meters) above sea level. You will spend an hour exploring the the plantation and factory before leaving for Kandy which is approximately 30 minutes away. Kandy is the second largest city in the country and home to a diverse community. Situated amidst the towering hills in the Center of Sri Lanka, Kandy was the last Royal Kingdom to give away to the invading armies of British. Having survived the Dutch and Portuguese invasions it was also the resting place of the sacred tooth relic of Lord Buddha, an honour it retains up to today.
Your Kandy city tour includs visit to the temple of the sacred Tooth Relic, upper lake drive and market squared and Gem museum.
During the city tour you will enjoy your lunch at Restaurant (At your own cost). Later that evening you will be returning to your hotel in Colombo.(Travel time approximately 03 1/2 Hours) En-route you may stop at restaurant for the dinner (At your own cost).
After dinner you would transfer to the hotel in Colombo.
Departure Point :Anywhere in Colombo
Departure Time :7:00 AM
Return Detail :Anywhere in Colombo
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Tea Factories are usually closed on Sundays and public holidays in Sri Lanka
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Infant seats are available on request if advised at time of booking, however, Infant meals not included
- A significant amount of walking is involved
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Not recommended for participants with back problems, heart complaints or other serious medical conditions & pregnant women
- A dress code is required to enter places of worship and selected museums. No shorts or sleeveless tops allowed. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women. You may risk refused entry if you fail to comply with these dress requirements
- The duration of transfers are approximate, the exact duration will depend on the time of day and traffic conditions
- Each traveller is allowed a maximum of 1 suitcase and 1 carry-on bag. Oversized or excessive luggage (e.g. surfboards, golf clubs or bikes) may have certain restrictions, please inquire with the operator prior to travel to confirm if your excess luggage is acceptable
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.