Discover Haciendas y Cenotes in Yucatan
Haciendas in Mexico were the basis of an economic system begun by the Spaniards in the 16th century, similar to the feudal system of Europe. They were efficient farming and manufacturing centers that produced meat, produce, and other products for export. Over time, haciendas became symbols of wealth and culture, adorned with architecture, furnishings and art from around the world.
The haciendas of Yucatán saw their heyday in the early 1900s when the local economy was booming due to the sisal fiber that was used to make rope, cord, and twine. The mansions on Paseo de Montejo and Avenida Colón in Mérida, are the rich homes the “green gold”, henequén, helped provide. It was the same owners of these mansions who built haciendas off in the countryside where the henequén was produced. After the Yucatán Caste War and the subsequent invention of synthetic fibers.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Driver/Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
What's excluded :
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Drinks and meals
- Entry/Admission - Hacienda Yaxcopoil
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Hacienda Yaxcopoil, Mexico 261 Km 220, Yaxcopoil 97391 Mexico
- Departure at 09:00 hrs at your hotel.
- Arrival at first Hacienda at 10:40 hrs approx. the guide will buy entry tickets for all groups.
- Will visit for 40 minutes each place, 2 haciendas and 2 cenotes, jewels of nature, which have crystal waters and invite you to swim in them. Will visit with a specialized bilingual guide.
- After that will go to the restaurant with Delicious Yucatecan food, you´ll have time to eat. (drinks and meals are not included).
- Round trip transportation from your hotel.
- Arrive at Merida City at 16:00 hrs Approximately.
*This itinerary is approximate*
Duration: 3 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Pick up will be at any hotel in Mérida Yucatán.
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infant meals not included
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Take a comfortable clothes, towell and Swimwear
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.