Discover Essaouira: Artistic culinary stroll in the medina and its ramparts
Discover the typical cuisine and art of Essaouira during a 3-hour stroll among the rich history and lively culture of the medina. Taste traditional treats in the city's oldest pastry shop. Follow the winding alleys of a local souk to the stalls and artist workshops. Get off the beaten track and discover the daily Moroccan culture
• Mingle with local artists in a souk in the medina of Essaouira, listed as World Heritage by UNESCO
• Stroll through the historic fishing port district and along the city walls
• Savor seafood at the seafront fish market
• Taste traditional Moroccan desserts
• Taste a Moroccan tea in a traditional herb shop
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- • Pick up at your hotel
- • Transport in modern air-conditioned minibus
- • English or French speaking driver
- Entry/Admission - Essaouira Ramparts
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Essaouira Ramparts, Rue Skala, Essaouira Morocco
start your 3-hour culinary and artistic excursion to Essaouira. This fascinating city often goes unnoticed by visitors, its streets are full of authentic cultural delights just waiting to be discovered.
Start with a tour of the city's oldest pastry shop and taste traditional Moroccan treats from ancestral family recipes. Then take a stroll on the city walls. These fortifications offer a glimpse of how the old port village was once protected from invasions. Stop in an little-known old clock tower and enjoy panoramic views away from the tourist crowd. Contemplate the city while your guide shows you all the must-see sites.
Then, go to the center of the action: the medina of Essaouira. This UNESCO World Heritage Site is a remarkable example of Moroccan fortifications from the end of the 18th century. Stroll among the colorful souks and meet local artists to discover their works.
Once you've got around, head to the lively fish market by the sea, where fishermen bring their daily catch. Sit among the locals around a wooden table for a tasty lunch of grilled fish (usually sardines, a local specialty). For dessert, join a shop just outside the medina to taste typical Moroccan delicacies. To finish your meal, you will taste a tasty cup of tea in a traditional herb shop.
Duration: 10 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
pick-up available at all hotels in Marrakech. Medina riads: at the closest meeting point to your riad accessible by minibus.
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 14 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.