Discover Cartagena by Locals
Experience the dayly lives of "Cartageneros" on a 4 hours experience at the public market and at the "Brussels neighborhood". We will start by taking the public transportation then head out to the Public Market, You will experience the taste of local food, exotic fruits and the "champeta music". Visit "Donde Cecilia Restaurant" ( Antony Bourdain visited this place) and have a great lunch there. Meet up with "Runner" a guy famous for his advertising art desing for "Champeta parties". Then we will visit a local family to discover and learn about being a Cartagenero is.
per adult from
What's included :
- Bilingual tour guide
- Public transportation
- Fruits samples
- Lunch at a local home
- Local fruit juice
- Local dessert
- Bottled water
What's excluded :
- First at all let´s lay our cards on the table. This tour is outside the old city. The public market in Cartagena is not a fancy place. It can be dirty sometimes and with a peculiar smell. So if you are the kind of traveler who loves adventure, experience a real culture and discover real people. This experience was designed for you.
We will start taking the public transportation to the Public Market then our local guide will explain to you the Bazurto Market´s routine. The hustle and bustle of the daily life of vendors and locals as they flee in the heat of the Caribbean, to the boisterous sounds of champeta music. The fascinating routine of the market envelops and bewitches with its magic. By this experience you will discover the fascination of the passages of the whole market, a labyrinth in which without a doubt, you will not want to miss!.
Then, we will visit " Brussels" neighborhood, but not Belgium. In this neighborhood, we will have the pleasure of visiting a local family and sharing with them their experiences and anecdotes of what it is to grow a lifetime in this popular neighborhood,. We will share the exquisiteness of a homemade lunch with a variety of juices and exotic fruits!
Departure Point :Éxito San Diego - Cartagena, Cl. 38 ## 10 - 85, Cartagena, Provincia de Cartagena, Bolívar, Colombia
Departure Time :10:00 AM
Return Detail :1: Típicas Empanadas, Cra. 11 #10-85, Cartagena, Provincia de Cartagena, Bolívar, Colombia
2: Clock Tower Monument, Boca del Puente, Cartagena, Provincia de Cartagena, Bolívar, Colombia
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Bring comfortable shoes ( I prefer to avoid white shoes)
- Wear comfortable cloth
- Let us know if you have any food restrinctions.
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.