Discover Cairo: Old Capital of Memphis and Step Pyramid of Sakkara Private Guided Tour
Enjoy the unique opportunity to discover Cairo and explore Egypt’s oldest capital, the ruined city of Memphis. View the temple of Phata where the pharaohs were once crowned. Continue to Sakkara to marvel at the step pyramid of king Djoser. All of this with the company of your private professional Egyptologist. Make the best of your stay while in Cairo.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Qualified Egyptologist guide
- Transport by private, air-conditioned coach
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Entry/Admission - Step Pyramid of Djoser
- Entry/Admission - Memphis and Sakkara
What's excluded :
- Any extras that are not mentioned in the inclusions
- In this trip you’ll be accompanied all the time with a professional certified Egyptologist/guide, he will be demonstrating all the sightseeing you’ll go by. This trip takes you to the earliest known Egyptian pyramids, which are found at Sakkara, northwest of Memphis.
The earliest among these is the Pyramid of Djoser (constructed 2630 BC–2611 BC) that was built during the third dynasty. This pyramid and its surrounding complex were designed by the architect Imhotep, and are generally considered the world's oldest monumental structures constructed of dressed masonry.
After that you are transferred to the area of Memphis that was once the first capital of Egypt and the center of rule and culture for more than 3000 years founded by King Menes. You will also get to see the statue of king Ramses the 2nd. You shall then have your final ride to your hotel again.
Departure Point :Your centrally located hotel in Cairo or Giza
Departure Time :Flexible
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking (if extra added)
- A maximum of 15 people per booking
- The duration of transfers are approximate, the exact duration will depend on the time of day and traffic conditions
- Passport name, number, expiry and country is required at time of booking for all participants
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.