Discover Ahmedabad By Foot and Tuk-Tuk Including A Gujuarati Breakfast
Ahmedabad is the sixth largest city in India, and it's first UNESCO World Heritage City. Walking and travelling by tuk tuk is a wonderful way to discover the city’s architecture and the day to day life of the locals. On your morning tour you will visit the Swaminarayan Temple and the Sidi Bashir Mosque and their “Shaking Minarets”. You will also explore the 18th century “pols” - houses with their own lanes and gateways and enjoy a Gujarati Breakfast.
• Swaminarayan Temple
• 18th century “pols”
• Jama Masjid Mosque
• Sidi Bashir Mosque and the “Shaking Minarets”
• Gujarati Breakfast
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Transport by private air-conditioned vehicle.
- Hotel pickup and drop-off within city center.
- Local English-speaking guide.
- Breakfast at Local Restaurant. (Beverage Excluded)
- Tuk-Tuk Ride as per Itinerary.
- 02 Bottles of Mineral Water per person.
- Bottled water
- Entry/Admission - Sidi Saiyyed Mosque
What's excluded :
- Additional food or drink.
- Items of a personal nature.
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Manek Chowk, Within Walled City, near Bhadra Fort, Ahmedabad 380001 India
You will be picked up from your hotel in Ahmedabad with your English speaking guide for your 7:30 AM tour.
The tour begins in a cafe where you have a chance to enjoy some sweet masala chai tea as your guide talks about Ahmedabad. It is one of Gujarat's wealthiest urban cities, with a rich history, fascinating architecture, and beautiful bazaars.
Explore the cafe’s painting by famous artist M.F. Husain, who was once a regular visitor. You will take a Tuk-Tuk (the three-wheeled auto rickshaw) to the Swaminarayan Temple. This temple has vivid teak carvings devoted to Lord Swaminarayan. Next, head further into Old Ahmedabad to see its pols: groups of houses with mutual paths and private entryways. Stroll through a few pols, and watch some of their perfectly carved houses as you learn about their history.
Explore Manek Chowk square, and see the chabutras, the city's bird feeding towers. You will continue on your way to the fifteenth century Jama Masjid Mosque with its Hindu-and Muslim-style engineering. Here you will enjoy a customary Gujarati breakfast. (Beverage Excluded).
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Sidi Saiyyed Mosque, Bhadra Rd Opposite Electricity House, Gheekanta, Lal Darwaja, Ahmedabad 380001 India
Later on, you will once again ride a tuk-tuk to the Sidi Bashir Mosque. The mosque is acclaimed for its 'Shaking Minarets' (Jhulta Minar), named because they vibrate lightly when shaken. Next, look into the fifteenth century Panchkuva step well, and investigate a textile bazaar before your visit closes at the Sidi Sayed Mosque.
Once your tour ends, you will be driven back to your hotel within the city center.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Ahmedabad, Ahmedabad, Ahmedabad District, Gujarat
Traveler pickup is offered
We may pick up travelers from city center hotels / fixed point wiithin city limits. In case pick up is outside central points extra cost shall applicable subject to distance applicable.Airports
- Ahmedabad Airport, Ahmedabad India
Departure Time :7:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Sawami Narayan Temple is Closed on MONDAYs
- Adult pricing applies to all travelers.
- Not recommended for pregnant women.
- Not recommended for participants with back problems.
- A dress code is required to enter places of worship and selected museums. No shorts or sleeveless tops allowed. Knees and shoulders must be covered for both men and women. You may risk refused entry if you fail to comply with these dress requirements.
- Consider wearing comfortable clothes and walking shoes.
- Children under 15 must be accompanied by an adult
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.